outerbanks

Almost A Member
Oct 1, 2011
Ventura County
Name
doug jeen
Boat
yes
Wasn't sure where to post this. Thought I would use a form that has a lot of activity. I wanted to make sure that as many members as possible saw this warning. I have bought and sold my fair share of personal boat items through the years using the classifieds form. I have had nothing but positive experiences and met some very nice people with my dealings until my last for sale item. 3 months ago I advertised a drift sox for sale. Kevin Jamie, Bloodydecks member name "BigK" answered my ad. He said he would like to buy it and would pay for shipping. I was out of town for several weeks and upon my return called him. We agreed on the terms and sent him the drift sox. He text me several days later and said that he had received the drift sox and that he would have the check in the mail asap. It has been over the 3 months now without any payment. I text him several times over the coarse of this time and questioned his word. His answer has been my word is golden and that the check would be in the mail tonight. This post will not be a surprise to Kevin as I told him that I would be warning the members if I didn't receive the payment.

Yeah, I should have got the money upfront. Kevin seemed like a good guy. It's to bad that there are people out there that decide to go down this route. It's not really about the money at this point. I guess I have a little less faith in this world after this experience.

Happy holidays, Outerbanks

Upvote 0

I'M OFF

Really off
Jul 12, 2007
On the deck
Name
Tommy
Boat
There's always 2 sides of a story, but I will say…………..I'm not fronting anyone goods till I'm paid first. I know I'm honest, but I don't know you. You know what I'm saying!

Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
So how much was the used driftsock (and his reputation) worth?

Like the other guy said........ I don't even hand over shit to relatives unless they pay first.........

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
How much money we talkin about here?

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Last Activity:Sep-30-2013 03:02 PM.

Upvote 0

SCOTCH

Jul 3, 2007
Pacific Beach
Name
Geoff
Boat
290cc Everglades - "Ghost of the Navigator"
What you need to do is make a fake Craigslist ad for a really nice boat and list the price for 20k below market value. Put his cell phone number on the ad and say call anytime. My buddies would to do this to my work cell about once a month. It ould drive me crazy but I did appreciate the cleverness.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
I don't trust any of you fuckers......

Upvote 0

cabo jon

Carey-On
Jun 22, 2012
Cameron Park/Moss Landing, Ca
Name
jon
Boat
Carey-On
I have never had an issue. Seems to be honest people here. I have always sent or recieved without $ and never had a problem. Thanks for calling this guy out. I sure hope he has a really good excuse. Keep us posted. Got anymore Socks? I need one for a 15ton boat. Ill send you the check when I receive it. ;-).

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
$30?.....close the thread and use it as a lesson learned......

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
Get his address and place a ad in the penny saver Garage sale... early birds welcome just don't tell him.:rofl:

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
Buy a fag mag and mail it to his house with no wrapper!:rofl:

Upvote 0

Mo

#1 OG, part time Secret Moderator
Apr 10, 2007
east of the west coast...
Name
Mo
Boat
20ft Thunderjet,Hobie 12ft Pro Angler,Boat Ho on KA
$30 bucks? Suck it up take the hit. Trust no one. Money up front.
Move on.

Upvote 0