Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
Jun 22, 2014
No Grave But the Sea
Name
Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
Boat
Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
One trick I do is after it is all set and done, mix up a batch of West Systems. Brush it on, then I swear to you I am not making this up, as it is drying hit it quickly with a blow torch. (YouTube this if you don't believe me) What happens is the heat forces the bubbles in the epoxy to come to the surface and out of the epoxy leaving it virtually clear. Really makes the finished product look nice. A heat gun does not get hot enough, gotta be a torch. It can be time consuming because the heat also thins the epoxy which can create runs. If you have a rod drying machine it helps a lot, if you don't be prepared to sit there and spin it for a while until it is kicked off. I usually do it on two paint cans on my work bench with newspaper under it to catch the drippings.

Overall I think it looks great, would look a lot better if it was vertical the other way over the gunwale of a boat with a YFT on hook though.

onehottip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Would this work with polyester?

onehottip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
I want to redo mine which has paracord with resin or shellac? I’m not sure what was on it originally. But I would like to put a new coat of something for mostly protection.

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
Jun 22, 2014
No Grave But the Sea
Name
Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
Boat
Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
Reactions: Cubeye