mike mitchell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
I have a 6'6" Kennedy Fisher blank. It tapes out at 180 lb. blank by using the butt and tip sizes. The question is what components should I use? HD boat guides? Roller Guides? For the reel seat should I use Aftco uni-butt ?

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
Aftco Unibut and Bigfoot roller guides and tip. Or just the #52 roller and tip with the Fuji HB guides or ALPS equivalents between them

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
Dec 28, 2017
Lake Los Angeles, CA
Name
Hector Garcia
Boat
I need a ride.
I have a 6'6" Kennedy Fisher blank. It tapes out at 180 lb. blank by using the butt and tip sizes. The question is what components should I use? HD boat guides? Roller Guides? For the reel seat should I use Aftco uni-butt ?
How do you get a rod rating from measuring the tip and butt?

But I would go with Alps HXN and an Alps Butt or Aftco Butt. If you are strictly using it for trolling, then go with rollers. Alps is my preferred choice, but Aftco big foor work well.

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
How do you get a rod rating from measuring the tip and butt?

But I would go with Alps HXN and an Alps Butt or Aftco Butt. If you are strictly using it for trolling, then go with rollers. Alps is my preferred choice, but Aftco big foor work well.
There is a Kennedy Fisher chart here on the ol interweb. Matching the length, tip and butt to the chart.

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
Dec 28, 2017
Lake Los Angeles, CA
Name
Hector Garcia
Boat
I need a ride.
Ah, that makes more sense. I though you just measured the tip, multiplied the butt aize and gave you a rating 😂

I thought there was another way I hadnt learned yet.

Reactions: mike mitchell