Bug Limits two nights in a row!

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by PCH, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Sgtsilbaugh

Sgtsilbaugh "Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    qajaq
    Doug Stanhope - If you teach a man to fish...:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. Hook-Deep

Hook-Deep Newbie

Name:
    gary ross
    Boat:
    Hook-Deep
    now your over limit dud, F&G say's you can't have more then 7 in the box at home, I would not post shit like that, your looking for trouble

3. fish_guts

fish_guts Member

Name:
    Dominic
    Boat:
    22.5 foot searay center console
    Nice job on slaying the Lobsters Paul!!! Killing it!!

PCH likes this.
  4. Reel hip

Reel hip Meet my "Well known Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly
    In my case. My wife got the crabs. I gave my girlfriend the lobsters thus the explanation of how my wife got the crabs.

sdjfish likes this.
  5. PCH

PCH El Nino 2015!!!!!!

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    Gregor 20
    Hey dumb dumb, gay-ry ross

How do you know how many lobsters I have, how many my family and I can consume, or how many people live in my household?

Arm chair fisherman right here. You know what helps take away fish envy? Catching fish.....you should try it sometime

6. StillinScrubs

StillinScrubs Wahoo love me

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Charon's skiff
    So you can buy 8 at the store and put them in your freezer forever, but can't catch and keep more than 7 no matter how long it takes to catch them. Sounds about right for California.

PCH and Sgtsilbaugh like this.
  7. Reel hip

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Really not sure the DFW will come storming to the house to check the freezer of a sport fisherman. I would hope they have better thing's to do! Not to mention a search warrant would be required. But to test your theory I'll post that I have over 7 in my freezer right now. I'll let you know when their breaking down my door.

cioppino and PCH like this.
  8. Team Ball's Out

Team Ball's Out Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ray Collier
    Boat:
    23' Sea Swirl Striper
    Nice job!

PCH likes this.
  9. MakoMyDay

MakoMyDay gonna need a bigger boat

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    24' Skippy
    Heading out tomorrow night with my chick to drop a couple hoops. I'm leaving out of Seal Beach harbor and not trying to go very far, can anyone point me in the right direction for bugs?

10. Sgtsilbaugh

Sgtsilbaugh "Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    qajaq
    I'm going to hang near jettys, the break wall, or where gray is on the map indicating hard rock bottom. Not experienced, but that's my plan

uploadfromtaptalk1412386394758.jpg

11. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    If your desperate, just look for the commercial guys buoys... or you can do what some of the ass holes do in San Diego... go drop their nets about ten feet away from someone else's... that way if there aren't any in their nets, they can pull yours and see if they got any. I was trying to make a joke here, unfortunately this shit does happen. I love to watch the show, at a safe distance. the only thing more entertaining than the shit you see during lobster season, is what happens at the launch ramp.

good job on the double limits, you will be getting lots of offers to go out bolstering with you now. LOLLOL

12. StillinScrubs

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Charon's skiff
    In every state that I am aware fish and game does not require a search warrant to search your home for violations. California may be an exception, but I doubt it.

13. mikah

mikah Newbie

Name:
    Mikah
    Boat:
    Prowler
    Good info on gifting them to your spouse. That would be a good problem to have!

14. cioppino

cioppino Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
    Cannabis really can trigger paranoia
    The largest ever study of the effects of the main psychoactive component of cannabis suggests that it can cause paranoia in vulnerable individuals.

They are talking to you!

Reel hip likes this.
  15. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Yep, F and W has the farthest reach of just about any Gov agency.

wils likes this.
  16. StillinScrubs

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Charon's skiff
    Its Wikipedia, but you can certainly google this information. California is a grey area in my opinion, but according to some there are game wardens entering homes and checking freezers in California on a television show called "Game Wardens" I grew up in Ohio. At that time game wardens could go into anyones home and look in their freezers or at any of the game heads on their walls looking for proper harvest documentation. I still think you are required to have a metal tag on every mounted deer head or proof of harvest in another state. The reason I know this is, I used to live on a wildlife area in ohio that had a district wardens office on site. The deer mounts and other evidence stored in the offices and freezers was impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_warden

Search with or without warrant[edit]
    The laws in many U.S. states allow game wardens to conduct certain types of searches with or without search warrants. The law in Louisiana for instance states in part "...any commissioned wildlife agent may visit, inspect, and examine, with or without [a] search warrant, records, any cold storage plant, warehouse, boat, store, car, conveyance, automobile or other vehicle, airplane or other aircraft, basket or other receptacle, or any place of deposit for wild birds, wild quadrupeds, fish or other aquatic life or any parts thereof whenever there is probable cause to believe that a violation has occurred. Commissioned wildlife agents are authorized to visit or inspect at frequent intervals without the need of search warrants, records, cold storage plants, bait stands, warehouses, public restaurants, public and private markets, stores, and places where wild birds, game quadrupeds, fish, or other aquatic life or any parts therof may be kept and offered for sale, for the purpose of ascertaining whether any laws or regulations under the jurisdiction of the department have been violated...."[3] The laws in other states may grant more or less search and seizure authority. These exceptions granted to game wardens are still considered to fall within the constitutional limits of search and seizure as outlined in the U.S. Constitution.[citation needed]

Oh, and then there is this case from California involving a warrantless search for lobster, but that has nothing to do with this post......ass hat.

http://ivn.us/2012/03/06/supreme-court-no-warrant-needed-for-ca-game-wardens-to-stop-cars/

Sgtsilbaugh likes this.
  17. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Searching cars and just about anything else is one thing, searching your home is something else. In Ca. when you sign for your drivers lic. you are giving up your rights to search. But like those two words that were mentioned... "probable cause" is everything. The only government agency that can do pretty much whatever they want is the internal revenue service, not fish and game. They still have to play by the rules, and if you let them get away without playing by the rules then you are a stupid ass hole... because when that happens pretty soon they can get a way with it. people have their rights violated all the time and are either to timid or to ignorant to do anything about it... that doesn't make it okay. some of us fought, killed and almost were killed and/or are fucked up for the rest of our lives to protect those rights.... do you know why you are given the right to keep and bare arms?

18. Reel hip

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Not trying to get too deep on this subject but.........
    Every year there are post's talking about how guys tell another "watch what you say dude the F/W's gonna search your freezer". I don't know if I'm an idiot or it just goes back to my youth to question authority on some subjects.

So again I'm putting it out there! In my freezer right now I have more than 7 lobsters. If F/W comes knocking on my door I'll be the first to know!

Disclaimer: maybe after the game today I won't have that many (who knows). Or even my wife and kids got some gifted to them. If the net Nazi's want to check me at my home I'll post it here! BTW I have guns and if you walk into my house without being invited I see this as a threat and under current law I can use force to stop that intruder. This of course is another post about our right to bear arms to protect our home.

Asking for trouble? Funny I'm remembering my high school teacher saying just that as I'm being sent to the VP's office. Now days I go by Mr Asshat.

19. cioppino

cioppino Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD

Please read your post and point out anywhere in there that it states the DFW can search a residence at will without warrant or cause. The case you mention in California relates to vehicles not homes.

Sincerely,

Ass Hat