Iceberg

Jeff
Apr 13, 2007
San Diego
Name
Jeff
Boat
My roommies twin-V catamaran
Has anyone dove around the North jetty in Oceanside harbor? Is it deep enough? I've had fair luck in spots in Mission Bay but never tried Oceanside. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jefe

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
NLIO :D

In all honesty, I have no idea, but where there is structure, I would bet there are lobster. Just be careful, there are lots of boats in that area.
If its a hot zone, I don't think you will get any replies here....MAYBE a PM.

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
I use to dive for bugs in the harbor for many years. The submerged jetty was a great spot of get lobster, biggest I got there was almost 13 pounds. But years ago they sort of dismantled the jetty. bugs are still there... how plentiful is any ones guess. There was an area we use to call valley of the toads! They did not get big because they were stupid! Good luck.

Upvote 0

Iceberg

Jeff
Apr 13, 2007
San Diego
Name
Jeff
Boat
My roommies twin-V catamaran
Thanks for the replies. Team Ball's Out, if you were to dive there again would the inside of the breakwall be the best bet? Towards the tip? Went off Tamarack last night and grabbed 3. Water clarity has been awesome lately. Surf is up now, time to switch hobbies for a few days.

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
I would at least check it out. Also back in the cove where the condo are was a good area. Never did any good on the inside of the break water, but who knows?

Upvote 0

hooook-up

@fish._.brain
Jul 24, 2008
fountain valley
Name
brian
Boat
19' Starcraft Islander 191 "Boutime"
How did you do? I am spending the weekend at the Marina Hotel and might try to sneak away for an hour or so to get some dinner. Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
If I were you I wouldn't ask.I would just check it out.You never know it could very well become your new "secret"spot.

Upvote 0

Lobdivr3030

Almost A Member
Aug 26, 2006
Olivenhain,CA
Name
Tom
Boat
21 Seaswirl Striper
I used to dive there quite often about 5 years ago. Real fun with all the big boulders at the toe of the jetty. You'll see some of the best real far back in the caves like all jetties have. Stopped diving there when hoopers started freaking out and it escalated with drunken arguments of ownership of the ocean. There are too many other spots with just as much if not more game off the beaches with far less pressure that are just a swim off the beach. Drive to Cannon Rd. or Beacons. Buc pipe, etc.
Have fun, be safe and good luck!

Upvote 0