mike mitchell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
Conolon , Silkaflex or Roddy. Did you determine if is one piece? Thin wall?

chxh8me

Anchovy Slayer
Jul 20, 2010
Thousand Oaks
Name
Mike
Boat
21' Whaler Walkaround
Conolon , Silkaflex or Roddy. Did you determine if is one piece? Thin wall?
Thin walled as per butt pic.

One piece, unless extended under the grip. But don’t believe so. Buddy thought it might have been a Kennedy Fisher. But it’s not the glass I’m used to seeing for KF.

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
When your looking for Kennedy Fisher everything looks like a KF. Conolon looks the least like KF. Silaflex looks the most like it. Good luck!

Reactions: chxh8me

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
I don't think it's a Conolon.Probably Silaflex or JKF.The JKF had two colors of blank,one was a chocolate color used on the old Stanley Andrews Ram Rods and then one color like you have.Are there small gold flakes in the glass ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaysons999

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I had a rod a couple of years ago that looked very similar, same color, thin walled and very distinct lines going around the blank very close together just like the pictures of your rod. It was marked Conolon or Garcia Conolon. That may be what you have.

chxh8me

Anchovy Slayer
Jul 20, 2010
Thousand Oaks
Name
Mike
Boat
21' Whaler Walkaround
I don't think it's a Conolon.Probably Silaflex or JKF.The JKF had two colors of blank,one was a chocolate color used on the old Stanley Andrews Ram Rods and then one color like you have.Are there small gold flakes in the glass ?
No gold flakes. And I’ve heard about the second JKF color.... just haven’t been able to find a pic of one for comparison.