Broke down but got a couple

ZZZZZ

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Maybe if some people go looking for albacore those lobster traps will fill up faster

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Well, in 2004, my Dad and I were with Don on the Irene Sea, and got 4 albies and 4 yellowfin on the same day. About 55 miles out towards the Airplane. Albies were good size, at 26/28/30/40 pounds, and the yft were footballs, as you can see. And where we caught each species wasn't very far apart. Don't know why people are such doubters....... Nice fish, congrats!!!

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
In 2004 locally we saw large grade yft on a whale. The whales back came out of the water and I watched 2 yft slide off the whales breached back. We peeled the 20-45lb yft off the whale and into our chum line. Then the big jumbo 30-45lb albies mixed in. I got my pb Albie at 43.3lbs dock weighed. Then as we are roping on good grade yft and jumbo albacore for over one hour. A kelp paddy naturally drifted off our stern and dropped off good grade yellowtail and ball slapper size dorado. As I'm bringing in a bull dorado to gaff I look over to the captain and say (woh look a albie and dorado coming to gaff at the same time, trippy) captains response (that is trippy). Now we got all 4 species biting. Good grade yft, jumbo albacore, good grade yellowtail, big ball slapper dorados. After a few hour long good plunker 4 species drift, it dried up. As lines in was just called. My buddy pins and lands a 80lb bft. 2004 was rad.

I figured it was a prank. Lobster commercial pots not dropped yet in photo and albie not mentioned. My apologies for the ribbing if mis guided :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vermonster

Trebble hooker

working da pole
Jan 26, 2017
San Diego
Name
Robert
Boat
Trebble hooker
Still waiting to see info on these heaps of marlin you speak of..
Any proof of that? Seen one blue get pulled on pac queen and heard of a couple more that had hooks pulled..guess theyre just not putting them in the counts..?

Seems weird..
As for that "albie" id still say its a big eye. ✌
“Maybe if you open eyes Chinee boy” u will see that there was marlin caught this year fuccck boy!

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
AHHH--- the 3AM drunken racist post. Moron

salty nuts

Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
Looks like a baby big eye to me.
Deff not an albie this far south. Havent seen any marlin or wahoo in cali waters this year neither. Im sure the counts would show if albies show.
100% albie dude. Come on