Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
So with 10 day's till we depart on the Indy we are in the final stages of making sure everything is in order. Always the 1st. things I pack are my passport and my meds. Without a passport you don't go and without my meds there could be trouble at sea. Next is looking through all my fish tackle and doing a inventory of what I will need on an 11 day trip. I have just had some of my reels serviced and rods are at the ready. Next is the clothes I might need... in my case I always have to much cloths but better to have more than to run out. So I booked this trip awhile back and have chatted with Brandon over phone for a few months. Can't wait to meet the charter master and the group going out on this 11 day fishing adventure. So chime in wishing us a safe and great fishing trip. If your on this trip I will be in prime mode... some of you will get this.....if you have been on a trip with me..... LOL Just a few more things to get and I will have completed the packing for this trip.

1D095E67-848B-4D02-A49F-9A238C134539.jpeg

26785323-EE7D-4F3B-B985-7C464A8F836E.jpeg

tuna.jpg

wahoo-fishing-underwater.jpg

Last edited:

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Does anyone ever do the Polar Bear plunge anymore?
I wanted to but the boats I ride said to much liability however I am going to Antarctica next year and that's on thing on my bucket list. Water temps in the summer ( Dec. - Feb. ) are a chilling 30 at best.

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
Dec 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
N/A :(
Soda, you’ll be thankful to know that on this trip there will be someone on board that you tower over. Here’s a pic my friend took of me on the Indy with your charter master.

7CD77F83-97FB-4433-9609-A53484EFEAA5.jpeg

Upvote 0

CMYSIX

• Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    Upvote 0

snordo

Almost A Member
    Sep 21, 2005
    Torrance
    Name
    Gregg
    Boat
    Indy
    Looking forward to it it guys...but haven't packed a single thing and off to Seattle for a trade show tomorrow??? Damn COVID pushed all of my shows into Fall this year and is kicking my butt. 4 shows in one month. I do have a hit list for packing and tackle and will help and took Tuesday and Wednesday off of work to do all the honey do's.

Reactions: Brandon Miller
    Upvote 0

snordo

Almost A Member
    Sep 21, 2005
    Torrance
    Name
    Gregg
    Boat
    Indy
    They caught 6 and lost 6 according to a friend of mine on the Intrepid now. Only 24 wahoo at the rocks. 90% on bombs, 10% on wire. No troll fish.

Upvote 0

Maverick

Almost A Member
    May 30, 2003
    Lake Forest
    Name
    Bart Hyter
    Boat
    25' Skipjack
    Ready to go. Just need to know what time should we meet Friday morning? Also with the news of the lower ridge Tuna what gear should i bring? Currently have Accurate Boss with 80 and 60. Avet 30 wide 100#, then 50 and 40 pound outfits. Let's Go Brandon!

Upvote 0
    Sep 30, 2019
    Washington
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Duckworth
    Ready to go. Just need to know what time should we meet Friday morning? Also with the news of the lower ridge Tuna what gear should i bring? Currently have Accurate Boss with 80 and 60. Avet 30 wide 100#, then 50 and 40 pound outfits. Let's Go Brandon!
    I would bring anything and everything from 30lb gear up to the big stuff 100-130lb gear. Could be an epic trip with the latest reports. Judy just sent the email with instructions for check in beginning at 0530 Friday morning. Hoping to depart ASAP, 6 boats leaving Friday so we wanna be as fast as possible. If you have questions call the boat or pm me.

Brandon

snordo
    snordo
    According to my friend on the Intrepid, they are flylining 100# and flying the Double-trouble for the cows on the Lower Banks. Dodo's were 10 pounders and most of the fishing at Alijos and the Ridge was 20-40# test.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Judy will show up around 530 or 6 ..... She will send out emails before go depart. I will be in line around 6 or 7 AM

Upvote 0

Mike Nall

Sep 1, 2014
    Name
    Boomer
    Boat
    Any one that floats.
    Of the 6 boats leaving on Friday, does anyone know how many of them are on 14+ trips? Looking forward to Hurricane Bank on Thursday.

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    Of the 6 boats leaving on Friday, does anyone know how many of them are on 14+ trips? Looking forward to Hurricane Bank on Thursday.
    We leave on the AA on a 10 day Sunday. It’s going to be crowded down there. Hoping everyone blows past the rocks and leaves it for us.

Reactions: Steve K
    Upvote 0

RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 20, 2007
    California
    Name
    Richard G/
    Boat
    none
    You guys might be by yourself at the bank. I just checked a few and most are in 10 - 11 day trips. But it will be crowded at Jaime, etc.

Reactions: Mike Nall
    Upvote 0

CMYSIX

• Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    too easy to look at the boats web site? I know, I know I'm supposed to do your research for you and be nice about it. easy answer 0, the intrepid just came back from a 14 day and that was the only one and that was a very early 14, so the 10's and 11's that are going out will not be able to cover as much ground as the Intrepid, if you look at the load the intrepid had and the biggies caught, it was a great trip for a few.

Upvote 0

CMYSIX

• Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    You guys might be by yourself at the bank. I just checked a few and most are in 10 - 11 day trips. But it will be crowded at Jaime, etc.
    10-11 day unless they vote to drive for hurricane and take the hit on travel time, no one will be there.

Reactions: snordo
    Upvote 0

CMYSIX

• Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    Judy will show up around 530 or 6 ..... She will send out emails before go depart. I will be in line around 6 or 7 AM
    there you go again lolly gaging around and rolling in at 7-8 like a banker, your fellow anglers would like to get going you could at least be in line by 3 am.

Upvote 0

Mike Nall

Sep 1, 2014
    Name
    Boomer
    Boat
    Any one that floats.
    too easy to look at the boats web site? I know, I know I'm supposed to do your research for you and be nice about it. easy answer 0, the intrepid just came back from a 14 day and that was the only one and that was a very early 14, so the 10's and 11's that are going out will not be able to cover as much ground as the Intrepid, if you look at the load the intrepid had and the biggies caught, it was a great trip for a few.
    I was always taught to work smarter, not harder, so there’s that. Thanks for the hard work, chap.

Reactions: RockHopperNCKA
    Upvote 0

Latest posts