Braid to fluro connection? From the bass guys?

7raptor

happy to be here
Sep 18, 2004
The Islands
Name
yup
Boat
A Big One
RP - fastest, smallest, easiest. I use it for bass/yt/tuna. Never had it fail on a fish. I'm a heavy structure cedros visitor. 65# braid is plenty

Upvote 0

DL87

Almost A Member
Aug 14, 2013
Orange County
Name
Dave
Boat
Bob sands. Fast, and easy. I've tested it on 80 lb braid connected to 40 lb mono. Either the braid or mono will break, the knot never slipped.

Good luck on finding your favorite knot.

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Here we go again. Granny knot, duh! I hear all the kids are doin it.

Good fishin'!
BDC OK

Upvote 0

JTL750

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 8, 2013
SD
Name
Str8up Jesse
Boat
SS Bobber
On top of that it is twice as bulky. Someone has to be the guiding light in what is RIGHT vs what is someones opinion. RP , Tony pena , and Bob Sands are all better choices that fit the application far better than the uni to uni. Thee is right and there is wrong then there is a grey area. Uni to uni is in the grey area. Just like people on here with half of their great suggestions based on who gave them free gear, or what they happened to waste their money on without good advice prior.

What is right vs. someone's opinion?? Everything about your post is an opinion. The OP asked what knots people use, not what knot is the right one. In your opinion, the RP is the best, and that's fine. In MY opinion, the uni/uni is awesome. All my reels are filled with braid and I use a 3-5' floro leader for everything from spotted bay bass to tuna. Every one tied with a uni/uni, including the #68 bluefin in my avatar, with zero fails. I'm not saying it's the best knot, but it works great for me.

OP, tie whatever knot you're confident in and have fun!

Reactions: BurningHeart
Upvote 0