Boycott NFL Sunday Nov. 12th 2017 please read ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
I know thinking logically is very difficult for a lot of the users on this site, but hear me out.

The hypocrisy is insane, but as the great Ohio State scholar Cardale Jones famously said, "We ain't come here to play school!" That's what we're working with.

Ok I listened, but can we please leave my man Cardale "twelve gauge" Jones out of this?

Dude got us a National Championship, graduated and was standing proud.:D

IMG_0051.JPG

Reactions: hbouldin1216
Upvote 0

Fish Sniper

Jun 13, 2012
San Dimas,Ca. USA
Name
Marco Rojas
Boat
PAJARO
A National total boycott of the NFL is planned for Sunday, November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend.

Boycott all football telecasts. All fans, all ticket holders, are asked to stay away from attending or viewing any NFL games on Sunday, November 12th; let the NFL play to empty stadiums.

Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom came home with the American Flag draped over their coffin. Continue with the weekly boycott of televised games, but let’s make this a day the owners, coaches, players, and advertisers will notice.

They have a right to protest if they want to, but during the National Anthem is NOT the time or venue! They show an utter lack of patriotism and total disrespect for our Veterans – living and dead – and everything for which they put their lives on the line!!!

If you agree, please help this message go viral!

FYI, a friend emailed this to me... I was not aware it was on face book...

Why wait until the 12th, do it now like I have. No nfl for me.
Semper Fidelis

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I'm all for it, the whole shebang!! That being I think Garys post is helpful and good, as it informed me and I will in turn inform others who might not be aware of it, because I wasn't until just now.

Thanks for passing it on Gary..... it's appreciated!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Why wait until the 12th, do it now like I have. No nfl for me.
Semper Fidelis
the dates etc were an email to me from a friend.. I did not start this or compose it .I merely posted it here... and thought it was a awesome idea.... personally I think every game every week should be boycotted....until the Flag and America is respected... We live in the Greatest Place on earth...

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
Even under the assumption that this was copied and pasted from Facebook, this is a really bad post.

The anthem protest jumped the shark and the players realize it. The original protest was about police brutality and then the media spun it into a troop thing. I saw a stat where all but 17 players stood as normal during last week's games. I'd expect that number to be close to 100% this weekend. All this "protest" will do is bring on another racism debate for the talking heads to discuss ad nauseam. The NFL is a monster and people are going to watch the games. Stop throwing wood on the fire.

Hell, if you're that mad about it, go fishing!

giving these "protesters" their soap box, with out expressing a different opinion just gives them credibility. i quit watching football a long time ago, i'd rather work. i wonder how many of these "protesters" actually do something meaningful to change or help their "cause"? how many pony up cash to help their "brothers" that are being brutalized? my bet is little to none. these "protesters" have the means to move and live in a different country, whens the mass exodus happening? its not. cause no where else in the world can people of all races and backgrounds have the opportunity to prosper, and live up to their potential if they choose the hard work and commitment.

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
giving these "protesters" their soap box, with out expressing a different opinion just gives them credibility. i quit watching football a long time ago, i'd rather work. i wonder how many of these "protesters" actually do something meaningful to change or help their "cause"? how many pony up cash to help their "brothers" that are being brutalized? my bet is little to none. these "protesters" have the means to move and live in a different country, whens the mass exodus happening? its not. cause no where else in the world can people of all races and backgrounds have the opportunity to prosper, and live up to their potential if they choose the hard work and commitment.
More than a few donate time and money to various charities and their cause. It just is not divisive enough to make the news. Which is all the news covers anymore. Hell Krapernick has donated over $700,000 of his own money. Of course he just donated some to an organization named after a cop killer so I did not say they all donated wisely. I think everybody agrees we live in the best country in the world. That does not mean it cannot be improved. Just like the players have the right to protest, you have the right to protest by not watching and giving them money.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
More than a few donate time and money to various charities and their cause. It just is not divisive enough to make the news. Which is all the news covers anymore. Hell Krapernick has donated over $700,000 of his own money. Of course he just donated some to an organization named after a cop killer so I did not say they all donated wisely. I think everybody agrees we live in the best country in the world. That does not mean it cannot be improved. Just like the players have the right to protest, you have the right to protest by not watching and giving them money.

good on him. im sure in this respect he is definitely a minority. as far as him
"not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color". i think its guilt that motivates him. i seriously doubt he's ever been oppressed personally, certainly not by his white adoptive parents.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I think if I had a free ticket I would stand for the anthem. Then I would walk out during the kickoff and go home.

Upvote 0

cchris

Oct 2, 2014
    Name
    Cris
    Boat
    friends :)
    The flag represents what Americans stood for, lived and died for over two centuries. I will not let these hoodlums disrespect it. When you guys were debating what to eat and which channel to watch Sunday mornings, out there in God forsaken places, there were soldiers holding the line, on their bellies in a ditch in full rattle-battle, waiting to get charged or overrun, looking at each other trying to hold the line(defensive perimeter) not being able to say a word and thinking "am I going to die this morning? Was that the last time my daughter will ever see me? ". You become numb, you don't even feel your d.ck from the cold and the fear. Or you remember waking up in the middle of the night to gun fire and screaming, you put what you can on you and run for the line, laying on your back , gasping for air with 70# of gear, trying to put your gas mask on, fighting your west trying to get a proper seal, seeing NCOs standing in all this madness, screaming to hold the line and tracers flying over you. You cannot tell me it's ok to sit for the flag, too many have gave too much so these guys can use it as their political platform.

Upvote 0

r8rs4lf

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 17, 2017
    Tree Juan ho
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    Salty AF
    And yet another thread about this bull$hit! :gayfight:

Upvote 0

Eastcapedon

Almost A Member
    Jul 1, 2008
    San Jose California
    Name
    Donald
    Boat
    Independence
    Not sure how you gauge success, but the Patriots at Buccaneers game last night was 1,171 short of a sellout which was 98% of capacity. The game averaged an 11.1 overnight household rating and had 14.6 million viewers. Just reporting the numbers.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Not sure how you gauge success, but the Patriots at Buccaneers game last night was 1,171 short of a sellout which was 98% of capacity. The game averaged an 11.1 overnight household rating and had 14.6 million viewers. Just reporting the numbers.
    There was a game last night ?

Reactions: kindafishy
    Upvote 0

K.W.

Almost A Member
    Apr 23, 2005
    L.A.
    Name
    KW
    Boat
    S.S. Minnow
    Please no facts, these clowns think they’re affecting the NFL.

Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Rarely watch the game. Usually in my garage listening on the radio. But this year the priority just hasn't been there.

Upvote 0

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
    Jul 22, 2008
    SD County
    Name
    Randall
    Boat
    27x10
    Please no facts, these clowns think they’re affecting the NFL.

Please explain why someone can be defined as a “clown” simply because they decide not to watch a football game?

I am thinking most folks realize that as an individual they have little “affect” on the league. I’m also thinking most of us clowns are satisfied with what little Effect we are having.:D

Reactions: landman
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.