Boycott NFL Sunday Nov. 12th 2017 please read ....

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by gecsr1, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makairaa

makairaa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    I have my doubts this will have any impact. The people who are offended already stopped watching the NFL and those that are not offended are not going to stop watching. But knock yourself out trying.

2. MYNomad

MYNomad Heading South

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Yes
    I don't see that a boycott is injecting politics, but even if you think it is, why wouldn't it work? A boycott seems perfectly consistent with the message "We want football, not politics. If we can't have football without politics, then we don't want football." Works for me.

3. strackle99

strackle99 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    What is more disrespectful to the military?

Kneeling for the anthem or putting a draft dodger in charge of the military?

That is all.

tommysdad, bparker1225, Peteb and 4 others like this.
  4. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    I agree,electing Bill Clinton was a mistake.

jbarto, 26grumpy, Gil Marlin and 5 others like this.
  5. hbouldin1216

hbouldin1216 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Henry Bouldin
    Boat:
    14 Gregor - Tinacious
    I know thinking logically is very difficult for a lot of the users on this site, but hear me out.

The whole kneeling thing was a 24 hr news cycle for about a week because there was nothing else for these networks to talk about. Now you have baseball playoffs, hockey, basketball, etc starting up and they no longer need to grab at straws to fill air time. I think players, coaches, owners, etc felt pressure from the left/media to make a statement and do "something" but that has largely blown over. We're not hearing a breakdown of what each team plans to do during the anthem anymore, at least not on the scale of a few weeks ago.

I don't agree with them kneeling. The flag represents the exact system that allows them to make more in 4 hours than most Americans could hope to make in a year or so. They aren't bought and sold or owned by clubs like European soccer players are. The hypocrisy is insane, but as the great Ohio State scholar Cardale Jones famously said, "We ain't come here to play school!" That's what we're working with.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most fans just wanted this protest thing (like most political topics they don't agree with) to stop being shoved down their throat. It's going away; why do something to bring it back up and just ignite another two weeks worth of "NFL fans protest players kneeling, are white supremacists" type articles. 3

Nothing gets solved. The ad deals that pay the league are already done. This was originally a police brutality thing (not touching that one with a ten foot stick), not an anti-troop thing. If you want to protest by not opening your wallet, go right ahead. But take the high road and just let this thing die.

mainline23 and makairaa like this.
  6. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Before this thread gets locked, count me in. :D

7. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

Ok I listened, but can we please leave my man Cardale "twelve gauge" Jones out of this?

Dude got us a National Championship, graduated and was standing proud.:D

IMG_0051.JPG

hbouldin1216 likes this.
  8. Fish Sniper

Fish Sniper Member

Name:
    Marco Rojas
    Boat:
    PAJARO

Why wait until the 12th, do it now like I have. No nfl for me.
    Semper Fidelis

9. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    I'm all for it, the whole shebang!! That being I think Garys post is helpful and good, as it informed me and I will in turn inform others who might not be aware of it, because I wasn't until just now.

Thanks for passing it on Gary..... it's appreciated!

The unknown fisherman:p:

10. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    that is as ignorant as it is hypocritical.

plj46 likes this.
  11. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    the dates etc were an email to me from a friend.. I did not start this or compose it .I merely posted it here... and thought it was a awesome idea.... personally I think every game every week should be boycotted....until the Flag and America is respected... We live in the Greatest Place on earth...

madrugador, marlyn and landman like this.
  12. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    giving these "protesters" their soap box, with out expressing a different opinion just gives them credibility. i quit watching football a long time ago, i'd rather work. i wonder how many of these "protesters" actually do something meaningful to change or help their "cause"? how many pony up cash to help their "brothers" that are being brutalized? my bet is little to none. these "protesters" have the means to move and live in a different country, whens the mass exodus happening? its not. cause no where else in the world can people of all races and backgrounds have the opportunity to prosper, and live up to their potential if they choose the hard work and commitment.

13. makairaa

makairaa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    More than a few donate time and money to various charities and their cause. It just is not divisive enough to make the news. Which is all the news covers anymore. Hell Krapernick has donated over $700,000 of his own money. Of course he just donated some to an organization named after a cop killer so I did not say they all donated wisely. I think everybody agrees we live in the best country in the world. That does not mean it cannot be improved. Just like the players have the right to protest, you have the right to protest by not watching and giving them money.

14. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    good on him. im sure in this respect he is definitely a minority. as far as him
    "not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color". i think its guilt that motivates him. i seriously doubt he's ever been oppressed personally, certainly not by his white adoptive parents.

15. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Perhaps some of you have seen this, but if not here is what taking a knee for your country really looks like

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

Who really needs football anyway? I will take the Seal Team

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    colemans224, plj46, gecsr1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Carl

Carl Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    everyone elses
    I think if I had a free ticket I would stand for the anthem. Then I would walk out during the kickoff and go home.

26grumpy, kindafishy, plj46 and 2 others like this.
  17. cchris

cchris Member

Name:
    Cris
    Boat:
    friends :)
    The flag represents what Americans stood for, lived and died for over two centuries. I will not let these hoodlums disrespect it. When you guys were debating what to eat and which channel to watch Sunday mornings, out there in God forsaken places, there were soldiers holding the line, on their bellies in a ditch in full rattle-battle, waiting to get charged or overrun, looking at each other trying to hold the line(defensive perimeter) not being able to say a word and thinking "am I going to die this morning? Was that the last time my daughter will ever see me? ". You become numb, you don't even feel your d.ck from the cold and the fear. Or you remember waking up in the middle of the night to gun fire and screaming, you put what you can on you and run for the line, laying on your back , gasping for air with 70# of gear, trying to put your gas mask on, fighting your west trying to get a proper seal, seeing NCOs standing in all this madness, screaming to hold the line and tracers flying over you. You cannot tell me it's ok to sit for the flag, too many have gave too much so these guys can use it as their political platform.

18. r8rs4lf

r8rs4lf I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    And yet another thread about this bull$hit! :gayfight:

19. Eastcapedon

Eastcapedon Member

Name:
    Donald
    Boat:
    Independence
    Not sure how you gauge success, but the Patriots at Buccaneers game last night was 1,171 short of a sellout which was 98% of capacity. The game averaged an 11.1 overnight household rating and had 14.6 million viewers. Just reporting the numbers.

20. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    There was a game last night ?

kindafishy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.