BOX CANYON BRUTES

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Those Box Canyon Yellow Fin Tuna are brutes...and the bite has been non stop. Wish I could get on them...congrats and cheers.

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
A little off topic I know...why are Raider fans usually Dodger and Laker fans as well...and why do these fans almost always own a pit bull? A Dodger hat, a Raider and Laker jersey and pit bull...Is this the starter kit issued after immediately exiting the womb?

Awesome thread peeps...Pete, you sound like a fun ass dude.

That's classic!

I have the answer though. The State of California was ordered by a liberal State Supreme Court Judge to restore all prison inmates upon release to their "normal lifestyle" which includes all of the accessories you mentioned. They are so stupid that they don't realize that it actually makes it easier for the Po-lice to spot them in public... :smoking33:

Upvote 0

Frijolez

Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach, ca, u.s.a.
Name
Dan
Boat
Mako 192 cc
PM me that question so that I don't forget to axe him the model number. It is insane how good a picture it shows, but he told me that the electronics and radar is a $45K hit. It totally works though. I have been in the bridge of plenty of cattle boats with side scan that blows my buddy's away, but for a private boat I have never seen better.
Wow, 45k! Never mind, I was hoping it was something I could upgrade to! I guess not! Dang.

Upvote 0

R&R

May 12, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Rob
Boat
CABO 226
Good thing you didn't report all the butt naked women on the boat or you'd really offend some of these guys.

Raider Nation
Fk that other Raider dude.

Upvote 0

peteking

Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
Good thing you didn't report all the butt naked women on the boat or you'd really offend some of these guys.

Raider Nation
Fk that other Raider dude.

Yeah, they really get pissed off when I Sancho their girlfriends (they, and no one else wants their wives). :shakin:

Upvote 0

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
Yeah, it's a skinny fish, but then just about all of these fish have been skinny. This one is just skinnier than his brothers and sisters. That he got caught on the yo yo jig, indicates it was also a dumber fish.

I'm just assuming that these areas got populated by the large mass of yt that have come up this year. Seem's on their way up their thinner and more pale. The ones that settle in seem to darken and fatten up.

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    Thanks for the report. If you switch your yo-yo-gear to 50lb. you won't break any off. Especially if you back the drag down to 15lbs. or so.

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
    Mar 9, 2014
    SoCal
    Name
    Ray
    Boat
    23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
    THAT is too funny Raimond...

How is it though, that all those characters have new I phones and a $120 a month plan?

Free rent paid by the taxpayers leaves plenty of cash for luxury items... 90% of the nice cars in the parking lot belong to the clients not the workers... They lease them so there is no ownership to disqualify them from the benefits....

Last edited:
    Reactions: skipjackrobert
    Upvote 0

Tuna Master

Almost A Member
    Sep 11, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Frank
    Boat
    26,Radoncraft
    Peta King kills a 110 lb BFT on 30 lb test so that the prime meat turns to yak and we lose another breeder in their prime reproductive cycle!

Kill a few babies but let our breeders reproduce azz hat!!!

Butter.....

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Wow, 45k! Never mind, I was hoping it was something I could upgrade to! I guess not! Dang.

$45K for a fish finder to find a fleet of boats drifting on a spot and then watch on the screen as a school of fish swims under the boat while you're drifting. My well used Furuno 582 will show that same school, but only slightly less clear. I still think I can drop that jig down and hit one on the head. Just saying.

Upvote 0

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
    Sep 27, 2004
    Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
    Name
    Bill Parker
    Boat
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    Peta King kills a 110 lb BFT on 30 lb test so that the prime meat turns to yak and we lose another breeder in their prime reproductive cycle!

Kill a few babies but let our breeders reproduce azz hat!!!

Butter.....

Frank it sounds like you would like to be part of that discussion on size (size of fish take also)?

Upvote 0

Sgtsilbaugh

"Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"
    Apr 14, 2014
    Brea
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    qajaq
    Brother, that is one of the best reports I've ever read and yes, God is good! I am curious if you know what fishfinder your buddy was running???
    Ditto, is it something that can fit on a kayak? ? Lol

My wife spilled the beans on my bday present. She got me the new Raymarine Dragonfly 4 pro. Can't wait to get it in and installed on the yak. Watch out LA Jolla, I'm gonna tear it up this summer! !!

Upvote 0

Sgtsilbaugh

"Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"
    Apr 14, 2014
    Brea
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    qajaq
    PM me that question so that I don't forget to axe him the model number. It is insane how good a picture it shows, but he told me that the electronics and radar is a $45K hit. It totally works though. I have been in the bridge of plenty of cattle boats with side scan that blows my buddy's away, but for a private boat I have never seen better.
    Damn! $350 is my budget, lol!

Upvote 0

peteking

Apr 21, 2013
    Arcadia/CA/USA
    Name
    Pete King
    Boat
    Ohana
    Fantastic report. :appl:

Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it. And, no I didn't read all 6 follow on pages of hate replys. :D

Thanks, Max.

There are mostly good guys here. It is just a few that are self-loathing and destructive. Sometimes I might be viewed by others to be less than cordial...o_O

I very much value your opinion and glad that my narrative was enjoyed! :D

Reactions: bparker1225
    Upvote 0

peteking

Apr 21, 2013
    Arcadia/CA/USA
    Name
    Pete King
    Boat
    Ohana
    That boat goes 60 correct?

MPH...Probably. Knots...Maybe.

We try to stay under 40 knots though, because the fuel burn is insane at 40 knots, but goes up almost exponentially thereafter. But it'll do it if you want, and she is so heavy that you really don't feel like you're going fast at all until you look at the electronics and see the number. She cuts through a 4' head swell like a hot knife through butter...

No wonder it is so popular with the drug runners in Florida. They remove the bait tank though. LOLLOLLOL

Reactions: bparker1225
    Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
    Apr 9, 2007
    San Diego, CA.
    Name
    Max
    Boat
    Trophy Pro, @-EZ
    Thanks, Max.

There are mostly good guys here. It is just a few that are self-loathing and destructive. Sometimes I might be viewed by others to be less than cordial...o_O

I very much value your opinion and glad that my narrative was enjoyed! :D

Ask me if I care about how others view me... I double dog dare ya...:D:D:D

Upvote 0