Scrapper

Oct 8, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
Name
Mike
Boat
26' Shamrock Pilot House
The boat I'm buying needs alot of trailer work. How long can I leave it in the water before I get shit growing on the gel coat?

Thanks,
Mike

Az.monkey

Oct 27, 2003
PQ
Visit site
Name
Karl
Boat
Which one ?
Check the local lakes to see if they have any temp spaces. many years ago Lake Wolford saved us for 3 weeks when we had our trailer redone ( different sled at the time ) I'd rather let her sit in fresh than salt :rolleyes: and it was off season so no biggie to us

Scrapper

Oct 8, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
Name
Mike
Boat
26' Shamrock Pilot House
Az.monkey said:
Check the local lakes to see if they have any temp spaces. many years ago Lake Wolford saved us for 3 weeks when we had our trailer redone ( different sled at the time ) I'd rather let her sit in fresh than salt :rolleyes: and it was off season so no biggie to us
This trailer has no brakes and needs some welding. I wouldn't trust it to take the 8000# boat that far!

Great idea though.

Mike

RustyHook

Mar 7, 2005
Long Beach
Name
rustyhook
Boat
Farallon 25 (Stalker)
No sweat,I'm in Long Beach, however it might be easier for you to pull into a local self car wash (one with the big wand) cost ya $3

RustyHook

Mar 7, 2005
Long Beach
Name
rustyhook
Boat
Farallon 25 (Stalker)
Why will it take you 2 weeks to rebuild the trailer? Get all the parts together first and you should be able to do it in a weekend.

KC Kevin

Go Chiefs!
Feb 6, 2004
Mission Viejo
Visit site
Name
ummm....
Boat
26 Proline WAC
Pacific Trailer in Chino rebuilt my old POS and hoisted the boat off and put it back on for me. $75 (or free if you need a ton of work done like I did!)

Scrapper

Oct 8, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
Name
Mike
Boat
26' Shamrock Pilot House
RustyHook said:
Why will it take you 2 weeks to rebuild the trailer? Get all the parts together first and you should be able to do it in a weekend.
I will of course be doing the disc brake upgrade and all the other mechanical stuff needed myself, in a few days time. I'm not rich enough to pay someone else to do a job that I can handle, yet.

But the frame is very rusty. I found a guy that will sand blast, zinc prime and epoxy paint the trailer for $1100.00 but he needs 2 weeks to get the job done.

Mike