Almost A Member
Feb 16, 2013
Upland CA
Name
Jason
Boat
Cabo 216
Features:
- Pipewelder's marlin tower with full controls & separate VHF in tower.
- Custom interior w/ extended V-berth, walnut cabinetry, Corian countertops & custom mounted porta-potti.
- Raymarine C80, DSM 250, 1kw custom flush-mounted fish finder transducer (2500'), color radar.
- Floscan
- Benett Trim Tabs
- Dytek 1000 temp
- 2x Icom VHF (602, M59), integrated to GPS, DSC.
- Raymarine Autopilot S1G with Gyro
- Jensen Stereo with Alpine amp and Ipod interface.
- Pompanette rod holders, 15 gold tulip tower rod holders
- Shaefer outrigger mounts
- Rupp Center rigger
- Edson helms, Seastar hydraulics
- Pompanette Seat Pedestals, Todd Seats
- Custom commercial wiring throughout- Blue Seas switches, tinned wire, tinned components
- LED lighting
- 2x bilge pumps
- Guest battery charger
- Awlgrip Flag Blue hull new in '11
- Strataglass Enclosure.
- New Trail-Rite tandem, galv trailer in '12.
- Offshore 45 gal bait tank new in '12.
- New battery banks in '11.

Most original Whaler Teak accents were all replaced with Starboard for maintenance considerations, the teak that is left is at the covered helm area and has 12+ coats of varnish and is a mirror finish that is very durable. All stainless fasteners and hardware polished. Boat has a 22-24 kt cruise at 2-2.2mpg, 2x70 gal fuel tanks (new in '08). Boat has had extensive work done to make it a capable, comfortable offshore fisherman that sips fuel. Round trip to Clemente in 50 gal, Catalina is half that. New bottom 12/12. This is a boat that has been built with an open checkbook and is a dry, stable performer offshore with the famous Whaler hull.
1983 hull.

I have owned the boat since 3/13, fished her hard and loved every minute. It hurts to let her go but other priorities need to come first.. The description and features listed above were from the previous owner who painstakingly built the boat over 9 a year period. Believe me when I say he's "that guy" who you want to purchase a boat from. Extremely thorough, VERY knowledgable and overall great guy. I will include his BD link that documents the entire build. Ed at Avalon Yacht & Boats sales in Long Beach helped build the boat and has performed all the maintenance from day 1 and knows her inside & out. The Honda 225 4 stroke has 1150-ish hours (still fishing her) and I'm told confidently that 7-8K hours is not uncommon for this particular outboard. The 100 hr services have been performed religiously at 60-70 hr intervals and just completed LOTs of $$$ preventative maintenance. In the year and a half I've owned her, some things I've added..

-Full, one piece, custom heavy-duty canvas cover ("tornado proof" as my canvas guy says) (11/13)
-New vinyl enclosure top (Stamiod material) (11/13)
-Rigid Industries 10" combo LED flood/spot light (7/14)
-New bearings, disk breaks, winch & trailer jack, 4 new tires (4/13)

LOA- 29.5', 33' on trailer
Beam- 8'
Weight- 5000lbs dry, very rough estimate though
22-24 kt cruise with a 31 kt top speed

Asking $33K
Not necessarily looking for a trade unless its a 19-22' bayrunner, center console or panga + $$ (trying to downgrade but still gotta fish!!)

951-833-0815 -Jason

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/check-out-my-boat/463867-my-ride-boston-whaler-25-a.html

FinandTonicBowshot28x10.jpg
boatpoweringup.jpg
boatatramp.jpg
boathenrock.jpg
boatinterior2-1.jpg
boatinterior3-1.jpg
boathelm1.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG_0387.jpg
photo.jpg

Upvote 0

c_mccann

Almost A Member
Aug 8, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Casey Mccann
Boat
JC 35' - 'Fin & Tonic'
I'm the guy who built this ride and put the first 850 hours on her. This boat is a tank, and has fished out there with the big boys. There has been zero issues with any of the upgrades on this build, it was done with all top grade hardware and installation. I saw her recently and she looks the same as she did when I sold her, she is really doted after. A lot of boat for the money for sure. Clemente and back in under 50 gal at 25 mpg is the economy that fisherman can't deny. GLWS..

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
I'm the guy who built this ride and put the first 850 hours on her. This boat is a tank, and has fished out there with the big boys. There has been zero issues with any of the upgrades on this build, it was done with all top grade hardware and installation. I saw her recently and she looks the same as she did when I sold her, she is really doted after. A lot of boat for the money for sure. Clemente and back in under 50 gal at 25 mpg is the economy that fisherman can't deny. GLWS..

25 mpg :eek: I will take it sight unseen .....

Reactions: NO4NMTL
Upvote 0

Rob Flinn

Ventura
Jun 18, 2006
Ventura, Ca
Name
Family Man
Boat
26 Radon "Daybreak"
Thinking 2.5? Nice rig!! Alway helps when the previous owner vouches for her....

Upvote 0

WHALER21

Almost A Member
  • Aug 27, 2006
    Cerritos
    Name
    Carlos
    Boat
    BW Justice 17', Parker 2320, 15' Boston Whaler & 16' G3
    That sir has to be one of the best BW Revenge models I have seen so far. Do you know if the fuel tank was replaced since 1983? If so, what is the current fuel capacity? Nice pictures!

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    Nice looking ride.

That sir has to be one of the best BW Revenge models I have seen so far. Do you know if the fuel tank was replaced since 1983? If so, what is the current fuel capacity? Nice pictures!
    2x70 gal fuel tanks (new in '08).

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bakersfield
    Name
    Apogee..
    Boat
    Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
    That is amazing fuel economy.............

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Whoever got that must be stoked, definitely the coolest whaler I've ever seen. Black hull looks great.

Upvote 0

martin3

Captain
  • Sep 6, 2012
    Bellflower, CA
    Name
    Martin
    Boat
    19 Arima Sea Ranger w/ Skiptop
    Whoever got that must be stoked, definitely the coolest whaler I've ever seen. Black hull looks great.

I agree... great looking boat!!
    Pulled of the 710 today and happened to see the boat at Avalon Yacht Sales.
    I had to pull around and take a 2nd look.
    Sweet Boat.

Reactions: tanner.s
    Upvote 0

jgf

Almost A Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Upland CA
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    The boat sold to the first serious buyer I showed it to.

Brian, if the deal falls through, I'll let you know (several guys have the same request..)! Send me some info and pics of your bayrunner, I may be interested.
    Jason- 9518330815

Upvote 0