NonProphet

Recovering Boat Owner
May 26, 2015
San Diego
Name
Efren
Boat
Keywest 2300 SS
Hey folks! Back on the market... one of the "sickest little whalers" (~CalicoPro) in SoCal. I've had this for less than a year and I've moved up to a bigger boat. She's still in great shape and the outboard was serviced just last week by Robby at Boating Dynamics who said it's in excellent condition.

Not much has changed since I bought her from Jackpotter so I'm copy pasting a slightly modified version of his post. I added a smartphone mount and a some USB chargers. The arch has been uninstalled because it got in the way of casting. It comes with the boat but you'll have to reinstall.

===============

BEACH DAY is a one-of-a-kind refit 11'4" Boston Whaler. From fishing, to surfing, to diving, to cruising the bay or lakes, this mini-yacht can truly do it all without breaking the bank. BEACH DAY lives up to the unsinkable legend status that comes with Boston Whaler's foam filled hulls and turns heads where ever she is. She can even do long range (150 mi) cruising at a fraction of the cost. This boat has spent many days fishing the offshore banks of Southern California for tuna, dorado, yellowtail, marlin, and wahoo. On the decks you will notice the non-skid hydro-turf and the paint looks amazing. I can go on and on but there is no substitute for a private showing.

BUILDER:
Boston Whaler (custom refit)

DIMENSIONS:
  • LOA: 14' (17.5' including trailer tongue)
  • Beam: 54"
  • Draft: 12"

POWER:
  • Engine: 2000 Yamaha F25 Four Stroke
  • Hours: Approx 600
  • Cruising Speed: 14-17 Knots
  • Max Speed: 25 knots
  • Fuel: 12 gallons + 1 gallon auxiliary

BATTERY: Duralast Marine Dual purpose

ELECTRONICS:
  • Sonar/GPS: Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp
  • Compass: Ritchie Tr-31w Trek
  • VHF marine radio: Uniden UM415
  • Antenna: Shakespeare 5101 Centennial White 8' VHF Marine Antenna
  • Switch panel: West Marine DC electrical panel, 6 Circuit, LED illuminated ON indication
  • Wiring: West Marine bus bars and 16 gauge marine grade wire
  • Charging: Dual USB Chargers

LIGHTING:
  • Navigation lights: West Marine Navigation lights 12V LED side, meets USCG requirement for 2NM visibility, VERY bright.
  • Stern light: Shoreline Marine LED All-Around Light Clamp-On

PLUMBING:
  • Bilge Pump: Rule 500gph
  • Bait pump: Rule Tournament 500gph with sea cock option

FISHING EQUIPMENT:
  • Rail Mount Rod Holder: 2 Amarine-made Stainless Tournament Style Clamp on Fishing Rod Holder for bow rail
  • Flush Mount Rod Holder: 3 Amarine-made Stainless Tournament series with rod leashes
  • Bait system: 7 gallon custom tank with 2 West Marine vertical mount stainless steel rod holders, high speed thru-hull pick-up, tournament Rule pump, overflow, 2 shut-off valves, and completely removable

ACCESSORIES:
  • Cooler: YETI Tundra 50 cooler
  • Bow Rail: Specialty Marine OEM Boston Whaler stainless steel bow rail
  • Steering wheel: Custom 13" stainless steel wheel with steering knob
  • Outboard Engine Bracket: TH marine 5.25" setback fixed aluminum bracket
  • Smartphone Mount: RAM mount 1inch ball smartphone mount

RADAR ARCH (uninstalled): Oceansouth Rocket launcher, 1.25" bright-aluminum polished, 6 rod holders, hinged for storage
  • Deck lights: 2 VIVID 18W Flood LED lights, VERY bright.
  • West Marine telescoping all-around LED 2-mile, 360° light.
  • Flag pole: Taylor Made Products Stainless steel rail mount 18"

TRAILER:
  • Tires: 4.80-12 LRC 6 PR Trailer tires + spare (all new)
  • Cover: Leader Accessories Spare tire cover, black soft vinyl
  • Coupler: Fulton Fast lock coupler -- 2"
  • Jack: Fulton Bolt-thru swivel marine jack, side wind, 10" lift, 1,200 lbs
  • Boat support: West Marine Dual-mount transom bracket, EDC-coated steel support strut with rubber shock absorbers, cushions engine and steering components against shock and relieves stress on transom while trailering
  • Trailer lights: West Marine Submersible lights mounted atop trailer guide-ons

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/boa/5989161597.html $7000 to BD'rs.

ocJPqpY.jpg

PKqmx4c.jpg

ONQwJ3P.jpg

yj8MPQZ.jpg

oPDSIjJ.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JWR

Just another fisherman
Apr 2, 2014
Pillar Point Harbor, CA
Name
Jeff Richards
Boat
Kelly Anne
The pics look like the trailer tongue is particularly long. Is that an extender or am I just not seeing it correctly. Would be handy for beach launching,

Upvote 0

NonProphet

Recovering Boat Owner
May 26, 2015
San Diego
Name
Efren
Boat
Keywest 2300 SS
The pics look like the trailer tongue is particularly long. Is that an extender or am I just not seeing it correctly. Would be handy for beach launching,

Now that you mention it, I think it's a bit of a fisheye thing going on. Length with trailer is 17. I can fit it diagonally in my garage. Boat length with outboard is 14. I can send you a picture later if you like.

Upvote 0

carterantebi

I hate fishing
Oct 9, 2016
Coronado
Name
Carter
Boat
Grande!
Haha that little rig is awesome! You plan on doing more builds like this?

Reactions: okgene
Upvote 0