BOOTS-SHOES??????????????????????????????

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by CMY SIX, Sep 16, 2013.

1. fishfish

fishfish I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    Sold and Gone!!!
    I have wide feet and I bought Shimano Evair Boots and had them hot-stretched at a shoe repair shop. They are absolutely awesome, extremely comfortable! I have had major foot surgery on both feet so I dont find many shoes,sneakers,boots that fit me this good!!! I got mine at Anglers Choice in SD, on Rosecrans.

2. Torinogt68

Torinogt68 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Aaron McCranie
    Boat:
    Whatever boat I can get on
    Ya that's what I've been told its just been a little pricey

3. Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral Holi-e-Mackeral

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Royal Polaris - sold the boat
    Found this online.. I don't know how it would work with fishing boots

Extra W-i-d-e Feet
    Freeze them. The boots that is. Take two puncture-free produce bags commonly found in a grocery store. Place one bag inside the other. Stuff these doubled-up bags down into your boot, as if you were trying to line the boot with the bags. Lace the boots up with a lacing tension similar to what you would use if your feet were in them. Now carefully add water to the produce bag. Avoid getting water in the boot lining. When the bag contains enough water to fill the entire boot area below the ankle, securely tie off the top of the bag using several wire twist-ties. Now pop the whole set-up -- boot, bags, and water -- into the freezer, where the liquid will solidify overnight and expand. This expansion is your widening tool; you can imagine what this does to the forefoot of your boot. Viola! Your D width is now an E. If you need to drastically widen the boots, use this procedure in multiple stages, using new bags for each width stage.

4. Fishybuzz

Fishybuzz fishybuzz

Name:
    David Tang
    Boat:
    Intrepid
    what a "cool" idea...........I don't have that problem{wide feet} but really i don't have enough room in my freezer....lol......time to get another freezer.

QUOTE=Holi-e-Mackeral;3242901]Found this online.. I don't know how it would work with fishing boots

Extra W-i-d-e Feet
    Freeze them. The boots that is. Take two puncture-free produce bags commonly found in a grocery store. Place one bag inside the other. Stuff these doubled-up bags down into your boot, as if you were trying to line the boot with the bags. Lace the boots up with a lacing tension similar to what you would use if your feet were in them. Now carefully add water to the produce bag. Avoid getting water in the boot lining. When the bag contains enough water to fill the entire boot area below the ankle, securely tie off the top of the bag using several wire twist-ties. Now pop the whole set-up -- boot, bags, and water -- into the freezer, where the liquid will solidify overnight and expand. This expansion is your widening tool; you can imagine what this does to the forefoot of your boot. Viola! Your D width is now an E. If you need to drastically widen the boots, use this procedure in multiple stages, using new bags for each width stage.[/QUOTE]

5. fishfish

fishfish I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    Sold and Gone!!!
    Here ya go Jeff..... I had the Shimano Evair Boots stretched at Next Step Shoe Repair in Encinitas for a cost of $10, apparently they have some type of stretcher that is heated. More commonly they use this type of stretcher for vinyl shoes but obviously worked well on my "rubberish" Shimano Evair Boots. I had them emphasize the stretch on the top of the foot since that is where I really felt the shoes tight but he did also give me a bit more width (d to e). I am 6'2" at 320 and I have a history of bad feet and I am now happily using a comfy deck boot.

6. conchydong

conchydong Untitled

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Rock Bottom
    Evairs are good for me also. Very light and fit my feet well. Don't ever want to do back to a "heavy" boot unless I was commercial fishing.

7. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Damn, that is old school genius!!

8. CMY SIX

CMY SIX ASSHOLE #2

Name:
    quinn
    Boat:
    exel last, next?

I just bought a pair of these, did not see ANY different widths, I bought direct from Servus, For $23 I took a chance, very soft rubber easy on/off still a little narrow but I think I could do a trip in these. could not use the fancy insole but still better then anything I've had so far! might combine these with a pair of the Shimano shoes.

9. hagridfish

hagridfish I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    None
    DAMN! That looks like it really hurt...... NASTY!

10. hotrail20

hotrail20 Intrepid 200 LB Club

Name:
    Leonard
    Boat:
    Yours
    CIKANA MUCKS

11. txwoody

txwoody desperado

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    wood is good
    No longer available.

12. finishright

finishright Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Mike Morris
    Boat:
    prowler kayak
    Gill makes a short boot that is wider that most I have 4-E and they are ok made in china so don't expect many tears of use and like it was said if tuff boot makes extra wide order them

13. rickberg

rickberg Member

Name:
    rickberg
    Boat:
    17 montauk bostin whaler
    That was me gave you the shoes, think I picked them up at a sports authority