BOOTS-SHOES??????????????????????????????

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
OK I have a wide foot 11 1/2 to 12 extra wide or 2 to 4 E I cannot seem to be able to find a "fishing" boot or shoe that fit's. Do the extra tuff come in wide width's? Their website doesn't say so. I don't even mind some thing like Croc's but I don't like the ankle strap thing, I would like then to go on like shoes{ I like the heel toe protection}, I don't care if my feet get wet{water shoe's} bit it would be nice if they dried or didn't smell like something died in them the first time they got wet, that happened to me on my last trip {brand new!} Thank God a fellow angler had a spare pair of Croc's like shoe's that fit, but he could not remember where or what they were. lets here it from my fellow big feets, as I have taken all sorts of suggestions and have spent a small fortune in return shipping because they didn't fit. Thanks

Upvote 0

bbuck

Dec 20, 2005
On the Water
Name
Buck
Boat
sunk
Go to any Sports store and check out pool shoes. They are made to be worn in water and dry very fast. You can try them on in the store.

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Just use tennis shoes and put them below in the engine room every night, they will dry out and be ready for the next day. Throw them away at the end of the trip...

Upvote 0

otownjoe

rail hugger
Mar 6, 2012
Orlando
Name
Joe
Boat
big one with a high rail
Call charkbait. I got my Extratuffs There in a wide width.can't remember how wide but I did Have choices

Upvote 0

strackle99

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 20, 2008
Villa Lepro, Baja
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
I am fan fan of the "shrimper boots" by servus. I believe they do come in a wide width.

Upvote 0

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
You might try Billy Boots

splash_sub_chief.png

http://temp28.netphoria.com/index.asp?menuid=224&firstlevelmenuid=203&siteid=1

Not Affiliated.....YET!

Upvote 0

fishboy93

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 25, 2012
West Coast
Name
Ryan
Boat
It floats
Xtra tuffs do come in widths, you just have to have a shop order them for you. Im size 13 -14 and wear a extra wide shoe. Also wide insole will make them extremely comfortable as well as give you more support.

Upvote 0

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Boots or tennies, remember you MUST wear shoes on deck with wahoo around.

Upvote 0

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
I'm a tender foot I would have to wear something

Upvote 0

pmurphy

Jan 8, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
Name
Pat
Boat
Hobie kayak
I wear Tevas. They are closed toe and approved for wahoo fishing. I never dry them out on board. Fortunately, my feet are waterproof. I tried dive booties once, and found that you sweat like crazy in them when you're out of the water.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Gold bond in the socks before the boots go on. Will keep feet dry and not smelling offensive. They make it in a spray bottle too!

Upvote 0

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
I have wide feet and I bought Shimano Evair Boots and had them hot-stretched at a shoe repair shop. They are absolutely awesome, extremely comfortable! I have had major foot surgery on both feet so I dont find many shoes,sneakers,boots that fit me this good!!! I got mine at Anglers Choice in SD, on Rosecrans.

Upvote 0

Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral
Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
Royal Polaris - sold the boat
Found this online.. I don't know how it would work with fishing boots

Extra W-i-d-e Feet
Freeze them. The boots that is. Take two puncture-free produce bags commonly found in a grocery store. Place one bag inside the other. Stuff these doubled-up bags down into your boot, as if you were trying to line the boot with the bags. Lace the boots up with a lacing tension similar to what you would use if your feet were in them. Now carefully add water to the produce bag. Avoid getting water in the boot lining. When the bag contains enough water to fill the entire boot area below the ankle, securely tie off the top of the bag using several wire twist-ties. Now pop the whole set-up -- boot, bags, and water -- into the freezer, where the liquid will solidify overnight and expand. This expansion is your widening tool; you can imagine what this does to the forefoot of your boot. Viola! Your D width is now an E. If you need to drastically widen the boots, use this procedure in multiple stages, using new bags for each width stage.

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
what a "cool" idea...........I don't have that problem{wide feet} but really i don't have enough room in my freezer....lol......time to get another freezer.

QUOTE=Holi-e-Mackeral;3242901]Found this online.. I don't know how it would work with fishing boots

Extra W-i-d-e Feet
Freeze them. The boots that is. Take two puncture-free produce bags commonly found in a grocery store. Place one bag inside the other. Stuff these doubled-up bags down into your boot, as if you were trying to line the boot with the bags. Lace the boots up with a lacing tension similar to what you would use if your feet were in them. Now carefully add water to the produce bag. Avoid getting water in the boot lining. When the bag contains enough water to fill the entire boot area below the ankle, securely tie off the top of the bag using several wire twist-ties. Now pop the whole set-up -- boot, bags, and water -- into the freezer, where the liquid will solidify overnight and expand. This expansion is your widening tool; you can imagine what this does to the forefoot of your boot. Viola! Your D width is now an E. If you need to drastically widen the boots, use this procedure in multiple stages, using new bags for each width stage.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Here ya go Jeff..... I had the Shimano Evair Boots stretched at Next Step Shoe Repair in Encinitas for a cost of $10, apparently they have some type of stretcher that is heated. More commonly they use this type of stretcher for vinyl shoes but obviously worked well on my "rubberish" Shimano Evair Boots. I had them emphasize the stretch on the top of the foot since that is where I really felt the shoes tight but he did also give me a bit more width (d to e). I am 6'2" at 320 and I have a history of bad feet and I am now happily using a comfy deck boot.

Upvote 0