BOLO Stolen Downriggers

Wild Bill

Drinking the Suzuki Kool-aid and liking it!
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft

Attachments

Last edited:

Woodhunter

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 12, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Name
Big John
Boat
Classic MAKO 22
Yea the scum bags should have their hands cut off.

I would like to put my boat in a slip a few days prior to Halibut Season here in Port Angeles and avoid the launch ramp crowds.

But the threat of our resident tweaker population stripping the boat keeps me from doing this. The temporary slips are visible from the "walkers path" along the harbor, only about 50 feet from shore to the boats. And the tweaker camps are nearby.

Every few days the LEO's bust some tweaker in this area, the reports in the local paper are amazing: Long lists of priors and warrants out for their arrests. Lots of the scum around here.

LJB

Down Fur-Lined Avenue
Jan 18, 2013
Tacoma
Name
ain't no cunthead
Boat
68 Bellboy
Nice looking 2106 for 425 on CL

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820

I would like to put my boat in a slip a few days prior to Halibut Season here in Port Angeles and avoid the launch ramp crowds.

But the threat of our resident tweaker population stripping the boat keeps me from doing this. The temporary slips are visible from the "walkers path" along the harbor, only about 50 feet from shore to the boats. And the tweaker camps are nearby.

Every few days the LEO's bust some tweaker in this area, the reports in the local paper are amazing: Long lists of priors and warrants out for their arrests. Lots of the scum around here.
Bullet in the brain may re-educate some of our list souls.

willit float

Jun 7, 2008
South Cal
Name
Em
Boat
20' Livesay Offshore Utility

Same here, I think new boats brought into slips would get scavenged. There was even a post I read a while back where the guy slept on the boat to guard it and they still snatched some poles while he slept.

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
Hell no! Haven't heard anything, don't have much hope I'll ever see them again
I have gotten my cannons to behave nicely with modifications. They have some great features. But I really would never recommend them to anyone. Stay scotty.

cdory22

Oct 24, 2016
Bellevue
Name
Joe
Boat
Cdory 22 cruiser
Bringing this back up to the top as this sickens me and I keep my boat in Everett as well. Also, were the bases stolen as well or only Downriggers?

Force61

Sep 14, 2010
Everett
Name
Ryan
Boat
Eli,

I think this might be your person of interest. I met up with this seller off of offerup who had two 2106’s. Seemed legit as it sounded like a wife who worked in Edmonds that was selling them for her husband. Long story short it was a little meth head with tats all up on his neck that showed and I instantly knew they had to be hot so I told him I wasn’t interested. Unfortunately this was before I read this post though. They had braid and looked like they had seen a decent amount of time on the water with a little bit of corrosion around the boom and the lock on the housing was faded compared to the housing itself. Maybe one of us can schedule an appointment and a few of us BD’s can show to meet up with the little fucker!

BAB69B13-6DDB-4789-A8D6-8E849E1D8DA1.png

ledbed6b

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 21, 2010
Shoreline WA
Name
Eli
Boat
Parker 2320
Wow, those sure seem to match mine, I tried to follow up but apparently they have long since sold. I've sent the ad to the officer I've been working with, I doubt there is anything he can do but maybe it well help the next person. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

FVSerenity

Captain
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours

I have moored out at PA for that month, there were some live aboards close by and the gates were locked, never had an issue, by they also put me way out there, not anything close to a road?

FVSerenity

Captain
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
Maybe take a soldering iron and melt your name into the case somewhere

FVSerenity

Captain
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
All that being said there are a lot of lost people floating around the streets of PA, John Wayne on the other hand has security wandering around at night.

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
You guys use locks on your riggers?

I have the old Scotty 3130 and 3131 locks and feel pretty comfortable leaving riggers on boat.

Reactions: TimeZoned