BOLA Trip/ Visa Issue

Swimmer Jim

Oct 18, 2007
east county san diego
Name
calico #2
Boat
Aquasport
Heading down Monday. I have never been asked about a Visa at any checkpoint prior to BOLA. My friend says that now some people are asked for a Visa at government checkpoints and turned around if they do not have it. Does anyone have actual information about this? I would like to hear from someone who actually had it happen, or talked to someone who had it happen to them. Thanks

Upvote 0

Don Gordo

Aug 3, 2007
EL CENTRO
Name
ALEJANDRO SALAZAR
Boat
22 CENTURY,REEL NICE
Not hard to get one. You need a passport your id and you get it at Mexican immigration off when you cross the border. I live in El Centro was planning on fishing the Coronados. Walked across the border in calexico got one for 6 months for $23. Back home after tacos and beer in 2 hrs.

Reactions: mike82
Upvote 0

CaptJgray

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
I have a house between Mehicali and San Felipe, My wife and kids went down for Memorial weekend. Rumor had it that Mexico has been enforcing this much more lately. We have the Visa's as well as Passports and Birth certificates for everyone. She did not get asked for any of it at any of the check points.

That being said, we have them for a reason. DO NOT give them any excuse to detain you for a search. Its sad but if you are driving a nice vehicle and towing a nice boat with nice tackle then you must have nice CASH money on you...

Just saying

Its an amazing place and I love Mehico, just don't do anything to draw attention. Obey posted speed limits, do not drink a beer when you cross the border to celebrate "We wait until we hit the dirt road" and tip the hooker well!

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
Not hard to get one. You need a passport your id and you get it at Mexican immigration off when you cross the border. I live in El Centro was planning on fishing the Coronados. Walked across the border in calexico got one for 6 months for $23. Back home after tacos and beer in 2 hrs.

Haha! Thats awesome! I love the "back hm after tacos n beer un 2 hrs". Just awesome!

Upvote 0