jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat
none
6/9:
Fished with Martin at the south end of La Guarda for limits of yt from 10-14lbs average. Fish were up top and feeding aggressively so everything worked. Lots of fun on surface iron. Water was green and in the upper 60's.

6/10:
Fished with Enrique at Barnabe and other reefs in the south, concentrating on cabrilla and grouper. We ended up catching 6 yt to 25lbs, 5 cabrilla from 3-5lbs, and a few red snapper to 5lbs. No grouper. Overall conditions in that general area was poor in comparison to the island as water was dirtier and colder with less activity.

The fishing is really good right now so if you're heading down, you'll more than likely do great.The wind was problematic and made the crossing to the island and other more productive areas difficult. As others have mentioned, the road condition is poor so you may want to plan ahead for that if you're heading down.

Scott
IMG_04911.jpg
IMG_05111.jpg
IMG_04451.jpg

Upvote 0

Beer Goggles

Feb 9, 2007
Trabuco Canyon CA
Name
O
Boat
The Snapper Slapper
Scott- God report and it was nice meeting you down there (I was with Captain Juan at my room at Daggett's). I haven't logged a report yet but mine is consistent with everything you said. Great time down there.

Upvote 0

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat
none
Likewise, cool meeting you guys. Yeah, conditions were nice at the island and the fish were corralling large schools of bait. I had a blast throwing surface iron as fish were swimming around the boat and hitting everything that hit the water. Awesome! The wind prevented us from fishing the island on the 10th so we went south. Totally different there as conditions were poor and lifeless in comparison to the island. We fished several reefs, both shallow and deep (130 feet) for a handful of smaller cabrilla and red snapper.

Reactions: Beer Goggles
Upvote 0

noslow64

• Apr 1, 2015
    La Mesa
    Name
    Derek
    Boat
    sold it
    Thanks for the report, I'm headed down with a couple BD'ers this Friday for 8 days with my boat, been planning this trip since September & it's finally here.:rockin:

Last edited:
    Upvote 0