BOLA June 12 - 18, 2021

Joe OO

Oct 6, 2017
California
Name
Joe O'Connor
Boat
Kayak
Did the trip with my girlfriend, but managed to fish a couple of days. Great drive down via the 5, I'm done with traveling the 1.
Conditions were good, so I did the long paddle across the channel to kayak fish the north end of Smith. Scored a couple of yellowtail that were small, but fun to catch on the kayak. Satisfying to make plans and then execute them.

A big thanks to Cosmo Goss on this board for finding a spot for me on Joel Jr's boat. Wide open for YT, with dozens caught and released after the cooler was full. We also caught a couple of cabrilla and a red snapper.
Great drive home on Friday. Got to the Mexicali east crossing at 1:15 in the afternoon before the 2pm closing. Short line, took 15 minutes to cross via the non-SENTRI lane.
Thanks for all the recent reports from everyone, hope to get down there again soon!
20210614_105526.jpg

20210616_130828.jpg

Upvote 0

Miss Fitz

Call me Captain
Mar 4, 2013
San Diego
fuck-you-and-the-horse-you-rode-in-on.com
Name
Vince
Boat
26' TwinVee Pilot House
Congrats on a great trip! What's the deal with the northern crossing thru Mexicali? Is the border really closed after 2pm? The CBP site says its open fro 6am to Midnight.

Jason710
Jason710
Mexicali has two crossings. The east port is opened from 6AM-2PM. The west port is 24/7. And that is both north or south bound.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0