BOLA July 28-Aug 1

Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
Crossed in Mexicali in the morning. Smooth sailing all the way no hassles with electricity bills or any of that but we had it all just in case. There is a new military check after Gonzaga.
This trip we brought down an orphanage from Tijuana. We stayed at Los Vientos and I rented them one of the houses and a couple rooms as well. Los Vientos was awesome as usual. We fished on Thursday , Fernando coordinated 3 boats total for us to take out. We were blessed with easy bait, lots of yellows, dolphins, humpback whales and whale sharks. Epic time that none of us will ever forget. First and only vacation those kids have ever been on, and Bay of LA was perfect. I fished on Friday as well but it was blown out so we headed north and caught cabrillas along the shore which was a fun change of pace. If you don’t know Fernando, he’s the best captain there and finally he has his own boat. He speaks really good English as well. His Facebook is Fernando sportfishing. Anyways.....just wanted to let you guys know it’s all good down there we had no hassles. Fishing was awesome as usual.

Upvote 0

Snagster

Almost A Member
Jul 27, 2011
Los Angeles CA USA
Name
Bret
Boat
12' Gamefisher
Great report! That is such a beautiful thing you did, introducing those kids to a world class paradise that is right in their own back yard. Kudos!

Thanks also for recommending Fernando. I've been going to Bahia de Los Angeles for many years and my favorite captains are getting harder to book each time.
I will look him up on my next trip in October. I definitely noticed the new superpanga with the Evinrude when I was there last month.

I really love that place!

Reactions: socaldieseltech
Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
Great report! That is such a beautiful thing you did, introducing those kids to a world class paradise that is right in their own back yard. Kudos!

Thanks also for recommending Fernando. I've been going to Bahia de Los Angeles for many years and my favorite captains are getting harder to book each time.
I will look him up on my next trip in October. I definitely noticed the new superpanga with the Evinrude when I was there last month.

I really love that place!
If you’ve never stayed at Los Vientos you really owe it to yourself to check it out. I’m sure it’s not the cheapest place in town but it is by far the best. The rooms are nice, the food is great and the palapa bar on the beach is perfect. They have an ice an ice machine on site as well. Many different things that add up to a big experience. The owners, William and Rosa are the BEST. When I mentioned to William what I wanted to do for the kids, I said one of our challenges is that we will need to rent another van in San Diego and pick up the kids and drive them down. Without hesitation, William said “I have a 15 passenger transit van, simply pay for my gas and I will go get them and bring them back!” WHO does that? And again, Fernando, he is so cool, he picks us up on the beach in front of the hotel so you don’t have to bring all your stuff to the ramp which is really nice. Since we knew we were going to fish the next day as well we just left all our gear on the boat and he came a couple hours later to drop off our fish. The people there are so nice, we have found that if you treat them with kindness and respect you will get it back 10 fold. His boat with new electronics and a big bait tank is probably the nicest boat down there now but I wouldn’t know I wouldn’t fish with anyone else......well Joel if Fernando is busy!

Upvote 0

Snagster

Almost A Member
Jul 27, 2011
Los Angeles CA USA
Name
Bret
Boat
12' Gamefisher
I couldn't agree with you more! Ive stayed at los vientos a half dozen times, Just recently in July. William and Rosa are indeed a class act and run a top notch hotel.
Everytime I go there, they have made improvements.
I usually fish with the Joels Jr and Sr. When I asked about October, they were booked solid. I think I will take your advice and check with Fernando

Thanks again for your good advice and kind deeds

Viva Baja!

Reactions: socaldieseltech
Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
One more thing....south of the San Felipe military checkpoint there were some local police there yesterday around 1pm using radar in both directions. I saw them wave a car in to stop that was heading south, I don’t know if he was speeding or what. I didn’t know what they were doing....the “radar” guns honestly looked like cheap toys. It was pointed at us but we had slowed down in time.

Upvote 0