apple harbor

PINCHE GUERO
Mar 18, 2007
SEAL BEACH,BAJA MALIBU MEX
Name
anthony motshagen
Boat
26skipjack liki tiki
A couple weeks ago I couldn't get a reservation with panga's I know,they we're all reserved (trust me I went down the list) Daggots,Prietos,Igor,etc........So I went with an outfit who has been in the game a long time,I asked for Jose he is a good captain.The panga operator told me he would get a hold of him and then told me to call him next day.Later I was reading in BD that this guy I'll call him BLAH,BLAH was a good skipper he was first offered to me.So I called back and said give me BLAH BLAH.We showed up day before handled business.Next morning 5:30 am was scheduled meeting time.WE we're there Jose was there too,he asked who we we're going with I said BLAH,BLAH and he said oh like oh well.BLAH,BLAH showed up 6:50 am reeking of beer.We told him we're going to ISLA CARNOSA we paid for it he looked at us like what?? He then asked for beer we said fish first beer later.Went to make bait ,I offered him sabikki he said no .He sat at the wheel drank beer.Bait was slow took us almost an hour to get 30 macks.About 1 hour we said lets go already 7:30 am .He said we should go to Punta Animas we said no he said it's good we said we try 1/2 hour.There was a bunch of local pay pangas maybe 6 every 20 minutes or so 1 person would be on,nothing major.We said lets go he said no,I said c'mon BLAH,BLAH lets go he said no.He then drove up to a panga got a pack of smokes and 4 beers.The captain said you guy's are geared up what are you lookin for,? told we paid for Carnosa.He said what are you doing here ?told him BLAH,BLAH won't take us .Every boat that drifted by us yelled his name and then said TECATE !!.His reputation precedes him.One skipper said TECATE is his fuel,God I wish I didn't read that thread that he is a good Captain.We stayed local all day.I don't care if people did well local .I paid for Carnosa if I fucked up it's on me.I threw back the rats and he looked at me like I was nuts.This guy fishes with green horns drinks there beer and sits on his ass.This one group from MID West had a boat load of rats and we're in Heaven.I told BLAH BLAH'S boss what happened he told me he gets a lot of complaints about this guy.We kept 4 fish.I call him BLAH BLAH because I don't want to trash outfits or names.He should have said no Carnosa and we would not have gone.Jose was there before us that morning why didn't I stick with him?? Well if you do the math I guess it's roughly $250 a fish for the trip.Did get a nice Juachinango.After we left the boat yard just laughed it off and got stupid drunk to numb our pain.Learning Curve.....

Juachinango Too.JPG

noslow64

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 1, 2015
La Mesa
Name
Derek
Boat
sold it
Call them out so someone else doesnt make the same mistake
I agree 100 %, give me BLAH BLAH'S name. I'll trash someone if they act like that & have no respect for paying customers. :mad:
you drive 8 to 10 hrs to fish, not to get treated like that !!!!!
PM me his name if you don't want to say it. I'll put it out there

Plus, I won't go on a boat with a so called, captain that reeks of beer. you might not come back to land !!!!!

Goin Fishin

Tryin' for my next personal best
Aug 21, 2009
SoCal
Name
Jay
Boat
Sea-Jay
"I was reading in BD that this guy I'll call him BLAH,BLAH was a good skipper he was first offered to me.So I called back and said give me BLAH BLAH."

Please consider. If you don't provide a name, you'll be letting someone else make a similar mistake. They'll read the same review and think, "Oh good. I'll go with this captain" just like you did. I assume that had someone here said, "stay clear," in retrospect you would have been grateful. JMHO.

apple harbor

PINCHE GUERO
Mar 18, 2007
SEAL BEACH,BAJA MALIBU MEX
Name
anthony motshagen
Boat
26skipjack liki tiki
OK maybe back in the day he was the shit I don't know,If I go out and get skunked I would never put it on my captain.But if I book a boat to catalina and I go to the long beach oil islands?? what the hell, his boss also said he's been getting complaints .I will re-phrase this thread if you want to fish local Chato will be fine,if you want to go on the out side steer clear of this man.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Is Francisco still a pangero in BOLA? The Mexican Frank Zappa? I used to fish with him alot.

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Jesus that was hard to read and a big waste of time.I'm sure many are thankful for the heads up without even telling them who to avoid.

Reactions: rdrrm8e

Willdoggy

Willing Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
IG = WetWillyBiz
Boat
Purr-Sea-Stance: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
I heart Chato. First captain I fished with in BOLA 20 years ago. But, having said that, I have not fished with him for years. He does like Tecate, a lot! Sorry you had this experience. Next time try any of the Dagget’s boats or Igor or his boys. Good time guaranteed!
Will

Last edited:

caballo del mar

Well-Known "Member"
May 4, 2004
San Diego,CA
Name
Doug
Boat
32' Amato cabin
I think the island is called Cardinosa. I camped on it for a week and killed yellows at the south end of La Guardia back in the 80’s. It is north of Rasa Island which is a protected Elegant/Royal Tern and Herman’s Gull nesting island.Too bad the drunk wouldn’t take you there.:hali_olutta::beerbang:

Last edited:
Reactions: sealskinner

noslow64

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 1, 2015
La Mesa
Name
Derek
Boat
sold it
I heart Chato. First captain I fished with in BOLA 20 years ago. But, having said that, I have not fished with him for years. He does like Tecate, a lot! Sorry you had this experience. Next time try any of the Dagget’s boats or Igor or his boys. Good time guaranteed!
Will
hey, there you are !!!:D haven't heard from you in a bit.

Reactions: Willdoggy