BOLA Boat Question

TsTime

May 9, 2006
IB
Name
Gary
Boat Name
37' Strike Walk Around
We have 2 boats from Joel Prieto and 2 with Congrejos for an upcoming trip. We were not clear on boat size with either, we had fished with Igor and Marteen in the past and know they're boats well. We will fish 3 per boat, anys pics or input would be helpful thanks. P1030742.JPG

Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat Name
complicated
Joel has a super panga maybe 24ft and a Mako that i think is 22 both are great for 3 people
Not sure on the Congrejos Panga but the one I saw is a large super panga

Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat Name
complicated
Joel's boats

Attachments

• photo-13.jpg
    photo-13.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 0

Rufo

Rufo
May 23, 2006
Around the Way
Name
Bob
Boat Name
Yes
Derek is right on about Joel's boats. I have fished three on both boats and both are fine. Joel and his son, Joel, are two of the nicest people you will ever meet in baja and great fisherman. Joel Jr works for the government at the Marine Park in BOLA and Joel Sr operates the boat for him while doing research. They are a wealth if info about the local marine ecosystem. You will have a fun time with them.

Pedro's (Cangrejos) panga is 27' and I have fished 7 people on it. It has more than enough room for 3 people. Pedro is a fishing machine!! Be prepared for long days and sore arms. He can and will get you on any fish that are available. If you like throwing jigs for cabrilla, he is your man. If your getting a second boat from him Im gonna guess its Martin (his nephew). As you know he runs one of the big pangas out of Guillermo's and Martin is a great guy and will keep you laughing all day. On top of that he is an excellent fisherman.

Not that there is a bad captain in BOLA, but you have four of the best lined up although I may be a bit biased because Joel and Pedro are both good friends of mine. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. You are gonna have an awesome trip and Im looking forward to your report.

Buena Suerte
Bob

Upvote 0

mafrancis66

Apr 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA, USA
Name
Mark Franics
Boat Name
Sold it!
Derek is right on about Joel's boats. I have fished three on both boats and both are fine. Joel and his son, Joel, are two of the nicest people you will ever meet in baja and great fisherman. Joel Jr works for the government at the Marine Park in BOLA and Joel Sr operates the boat for him while doing research. They are a wealth if info about the local marine ecosystem. You will have a fun time with them. Pedro's (Cangrejos) panga is 27' and I have fished 7 people on it. It has more than enough room for 3 people. Pedro is a fishing machine!! Be prepared for long days and sore arms. He can and will get you on any fish that are available. If you like throwing jigs for cabrilla, he is your man. If your getting a second boat from him Im gonna guess its Martin (his nephew). As you know he runs one of the big pangas out of Guillermo's and Martin is a great guy and will keep you laughing all day. On top of that he is an excellent fisherman. Not that there is a bad captain in BOLA, but you have four of the best lined up although I may be a bit biased because Joel and Pedro are both good friends of mine. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. You are gonna have an awesome trip and Im looking forward to your report. Buena Suerte Bob
X2 on what Bob says here about Joel. I have 5 days booked with him on 6/16, 17, 21, 22, and 23. On the 22nd I have both of Joel's boast lined up. Fishing with Joel is like fishing with good friends and family! You will not be disappointed!

Upvote 0

TsTime

May 9, 2006
IB
Name
Gary
Boat Name
37' Strike Walk Around
Great news, again we will be there in the same time as you mark. We are fishing 18,19,20th. Please leave a few for us! We are staying at Guillermos again, so will be looking out for you.

Upvote 0