Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Why do people think "THEIR WAY" of fishing makes them elite??? So fucking sick of the attitudes. I can flyfish. I can catch a fish on a lure. ANd I can drift a fucking nightcrawler with the best of them. Do I judge any of the forms? NO...I dont like seeing people break limit laws or squeezing a trouts eyeballs out when trying to remove a hook before release but I fuckin leave em be. We have plenty of flyfishing snobs out here in Colorado and I make a point of it to wear the loudest most redneck shit I can when I go flyfishing just to say F U to the elitest mentality. And I seem to do okay....My summer waders featured below:rofl:And yes a walleye was harmed in the making of this photo. Catch and release into the grease :) To the thread starter...Awesome year. Keep on doin your thing and dont let the haters slow you down

Attachments

MeCrankMate

TheLegendOfTheLuckyScale
Sep 4, 2006
Meridian, Id
Name
Scott
Boat
Float Tube "Shark Dougnut"
And just to clarify, I don't look at fly anglers as elite assholes. I judge that on a one-on-one basis.

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
And just to clarify, I don't look at fly anglers as elite assholes. I judge that on a one-on-one basis.
Ditto...They are pretty easy to spot though when they do think that way LOL Just like out here we got some of these junior pro wanna be bassmasters that think they are better than everyone else on the lake. There is a CSU bass team out here in my town and they crack me up. They all think they are Kevin Van Dam cuz their mommies have money and bought them some fancy fishing reels and a boat :rofl: These kids last spring were holding a booth at our county fishing fair and were hogging up an entire isle trying to show off their pitching skills. Basically pitching into a bucket from a ways away. I asked if I could try against them. It was fun outpitching the kid I went up against. They put the bucket away and went back to running their booth. Ignored me the rest of the day and continued to act like snobs talking about the tournaments they are planning to fish the upcoming year :rofl:

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Wandering Blues,

Thanks for the response there. I appreciate your time and 2 cents on the issue. Makes sense.

I only have one thing to say about your comments and I feel like it should be directed at Biggest Turd and not just Crank.

You recommend Crank keep the fish in the water and use a barbless single hook.......I just saw biggest turds thread on his report on the "O". Dumb ass has a brown he caught and he's lipping it like a largemouth bass at chest height out of the water. The guy wants to play this high and mighty game of being the master fisherman but in reality, he's no better than the spin guys next to him on the river.

Hopefully Biggest Turd pulls his head out of his vagina and STFU for good.

Thanks again for adding some clarity to this subject.
whats wrong with lip gripping a brown? Well outside of getting your thumb shredded to shit....

ifishinxs

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 29, 2003
Cedar City, Utah
Name
Bob
Boat
Waders
Mecrankemate,

I loved your post and pictures. Don't stop doing what you do, There are always going to be nay sayers out there.

Now, once you pick up a fly rod and learn to make that perfect cast to a rising trout with a fly you tied yourself..Your world will never be the same. :) I should know, I'm out of control with it right now..

I get get dinged myself from the fly tying crowd at times. If my fish won't fit in the net I'm going to lip it..If I have to take some picutures I'll lay a fish down. Thats just the reality of it all. Could I do better on my release at times, you Bet!

Every guy that tosses a fly has grown up tossing lures and bait. Any person who gives you crap for fishing with lures, bait for keeping fish is a hypocite plan and simple. Although we all fish, it means something different to all of us. I hate to see when someone condems another because "they are not doing what I'm doing."

I fish Blue Ribbon rivers here in Southern Utah all the time. The regulations state that we can take up to 2 fish any of size. There are those guys that love a nice tasty Brown fried up. Its all about conservation and not over stressing the resource. We have lakes here where the fish are stunted because knowbody takes a few home. We also have lakes where DNR has told us to take twice the limit of fish so that more will survive and not winter kill.

Fishing is something we all enjoy. It should always be fun and a constant learning process. If not, then whats the point?

ifishinxs

Mar 29, 2003
Cedar City, Utah
Name
Bob
Boat
Waders
Mecrankemate,

I loved your post and pictures. Don't stop doing what you do, There are always going to be nay sayers out there.

Now, once you pick up a fly rod and learn to make that perfect cast to a rising trout with a fly you tied yourself..Your world will never be the same. :) I should know, I'm out of control with it right now..

I get get dinged myself from the fly tying crowd at times. If my fish won't fit in the net I'm going to lip it..If I have to take some picutures I'll lay a fish down. Thats just the reality of it all. Could I do better on my release at times, you Bet!

Every guy that tosses a fly has grown up tossing lures and bait. Any person who gives you crap for fishing with lures, bait for keeping fish is a hypocite plan and simple. Although we all fish, it means something different to all of us. I hate to see when someone condems another because "they are not doing what I'm doing."

I fish Blue Ribbon rivers here in Southern Utah all the time. The regulations state that we can take up to 2 fish any of size. There are those guys that love a nice tasty Brown fried up. Its all about conservation and not over stressing the resource. We have lakes here where the fish are stunted because knowbody takes a few home. We also have lakes where DNR has told us to take twice the limit of fish so that more will survive and not winter kill.

Fishing is something we all enjoy. It should always be fun and a constant learning process. If not, then whats the point?

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
Ah, some douche bag showed his colors on his first post. He's banned. You are more than welcome as a part of the community. BTW, Bob, we hit Sedona instead of Zion. Might be out over New Years, though. We'll hook up soon.

MeCrankMate

TheLegendOfTheLuckyScale
Sep 4, 2006
Meridian, Id
Name
Scott
Boat
Float Tube "Shark Dougnut"
Mecrankemate,

I have fly fished, granted my form and technique sucked I'm sure. I was on the Owyhee a year ago and the bite just plain stopped. Found a bunch of really nice brown's heads up where the quicker water dumped into a deep, slow run. I'd never seen that many big browns in plain sight feeding like that before. They didn't want to play with me and I didn't want to mess anything up, so I went and grabbed my Dad's old 4wt Cortland that I brought with me. I had wanted to try dry fly and this was a good opportunity to test it out. I only had some mosquito flys and some BWO that I had bought years ago for throwing a fly/bubble rig on the lake. Caught 5 of those browns that were rising on flying... way cool experience for sure. I can see why it can be addicting and it is way, way fun. But way, way too expensive for me. My rod retails at close to $300 and is based off a 5wt fly rod blank. And that is as far as I'd take it price wise. Be be good at fly fishing, knowing the tackle whore that I am, I'd spend a fortune on new setups. Again, nothing personal whatsoever, I just have all the fun I need fishing this way :)

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Looks like you had a great year!!!!!!!!!!

I throw spinners, flies & bubbles, and mouse rigs.

I can't fly fish the conventional way to save my ass, not gonna knock anyone for how they fish, just glad to see them fish.

Congrats.

B

dannykl1957

Nov 20, 2011
woodland hills,ca
Name
daniel klein
Boat
none
Thanks Scott. Thomas bouyant and Phoebe lures are a must have item in any trout angler's tackle box.Heck, fly fishermen should probably keep a few on their vests for when they can't hook up with a fly.

ifishinxs

Mar 29, 2003
Cedar City, Utah
Name
Bob
Boat
Waders
Ah, some douche bag showed his colors on his first post. He's banned. You are more than welcome as a part of the community. BTW, Bob, we hit Sedona instead of Zion. Might be out over New Years, though. We'll hook up soon.
Let me me know. I'm ready when you are now that this Black Friday and Cyber Monday crap are out of the way..:rofl:

30lbbg2299

Pinhead
Mar 17, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ben
Boat
Creek co tube.
I love fishing in idaho i o up there every year to se family and visit the boise river to fish a bunch while i'm there. Caught a ton of pike minnows, rainbows suckers and a bull trout which was absolutely beautiful. We fished mostly worms and powerbait. I went to a cabin with the family in cascade and fished lake cascade from the shore. it was epic!!! I had almost everyone of my causins ignoring the jetskis because the fishing was so good. Worms were catching smallies, trout and some agrresive perch. I caught a close to 4 lb smally and tons of perch. What do you fish at the river? Pm answer

KILLA

Aug 6, 2010
San Juan Cap, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
Still Lookin
Nice Job Scott, those are some of the most beautiful fish i've seen. Glad you're still able to get out and make time for fishing. I haven't been out much since my pops passed away but I'm ready to start making time to get out. I like how instead of someone just saying good job and thanks for the post they get all wired up. Oh well there's always one in a bunch. I hope to make it up there to visit but it's not going to be for a while. Keep on killing it and keep up the post. Miss you bro.

rsees

Sep 15, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
Ron
Boat
Boatless in Santee
Way to go Scott-Nice pics and beautiful country. My sister lives in Meridian and I will have to look you up when I am there. Keep the posting and ignore the BS!
Ron

Wicky Wicky

Wicky Wicky
Aug 12, 2007
Boise, ID
Name
Wicky
Boat
20' Allison GSE @ 99.4mph! Faster than a wahoo!
He hasn't fished next to my buddy from Eagle, ID or I on the Owyhee. He's so proud that he smoked a single fly fisher, but try that against someone who's good and knows the O. The gear guy would be owned. My best on the O is 28" and my buddy's best is 36" on dries. Gear guy couldn't even wade the spot we get those at as the water is too fast.

Another likely reason the fly guy disliked you is that you bring a stringer and you're laying fish on the rocks to take photos.
Dayum!! Somebody needs to have their diaper changed. Sounds like Biggest T hasn't had any pussy for a long time the way he comes across.
Great pics MCM! I say, a bet would be a great way to settle who can catch more fish. Cash is king and my money is on you. P.S. I use Orvis and LLBean catalogs for kindling in the winter.

KrakenBass

Oct 23, 2013
United States
Name
JB Spilker
Boat
The Kraken
I love coming up to visit Idaho! You actually have some awesome bass fishing as well! I went out and crushed some great smallmouth bass at swan falls. I have all the details on my blog about where to go and what to use. Here is the link: Swan Falls Bass Fishing If you every get sick of trout, go out and crush some bass!

Beautiful fish. Thanks for the pics!

www.krakenbass.com

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2008
North San Diego
Name
Paul
Boat
Gregor 20
Dayum!! Somebody needs to have their diaper changed. Sounds like Biggest T hasn't had any pussy for a long time the way he comes across.
Great pics MCM! I say, a bet would be a great way to settle who can catch more fish. Cash is king and my money is on you. P.S. I use Orvis and LLBean catalogs for kindling in the winter.
:) lol