JK47

May 19, 2019
HB
Name
Alek
Boat
SS Minnow
I wonder who the original poster is for real?

Dude this obviously isn't your first or only post here at BD. How about letting us know who you really are?
Wouldn't be hard for the mods to pull their IP address and find out. Regardless, they're trolling hard and people are falling for it.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
17 Aquasport
If you were OG you would have learned years ago that you cant group all boats the same, some suck and some are good. You would have learned to find the good captains and sleds as well as never go on an open party for the rest of your life.(or take the real lesson and get your own boat) Those in the know let the kooks jump on the boat that the landing gives you...

Reactions: RodRage
Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
Dec 23, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris L
Boat
Leo's
I’d say jackpots are going away as much for the “OG” anglers sniveling about who won, and for outright cheating, as much as anything. Boomers and Gen X get to own that, too, if you have to get all generational about it, lol.

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
That's why they call it fishing trip and not a catching trip. Because only fishing is guaranteed and not the later. I personally NEVER do jackpot anyway and often get the stank eye when I decline on boats that offer it. I am probably not going to win anyway and I am not going to give it away in the small chance I do, so why bother! Maybe you didn't drink enough beer because EVERYTIME I have been out on a boat the food has been killer. I do agree with you though when you say to pick boats that you are familiar with. Get to know the boat, the Capt and the crew and chances are you wont have a bad trip.

Upvote 0

aznboy619

Abalone King
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
If your first post is to bitch about not catching, how bad the boat, and more crap. Go and delete yourself or better yet quit fishing and there are markets where you can purchase your fish. Just say you caught them to make yourself feel better.

Reactions: RodRage
Upvote 0

jsquez

master backlasher
  • Jun 8, 2015
    Name
    jesse
    Boat
    Seacraft 20
    I have had experienced jacked fish counts in Long Beach... I was on a boat that posted limits of squid and in reality we landed about 6... this was a few years back... had it happen on a 3/4 day out there as well... this happens not all of them are honest but I have fished many times on different boats and landings in San degio were the days were tough maybe 2 to 4 fish landed and that was the fish count posted... it’s called fishing not catching some days are great some are shitty it’s just the way it goes...

If you are not satisfied with the fleet get yourself into your own boat... then you will appreciate what sport fleet has to offer..

Reactions: JamesZ
    Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
    Jul 26, 2007
    Northridge, CA
    Name
    Donald W. Clarke III
    Boat
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I award this post 20 er, whats? Dude likes to bitch about stuff, I reckon.

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    If you believe the fish counts you’re a fool they’re running a business and no one knows for sure except the deckhands how many fish are down below, times have been hard for the sleds and fisherman are a bunch of liars. OG my ass!!

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    The way fishing is right now they definitely don't need to lie about the fish counts. Check the fish report for the Royal Star for Sept 14th and 15th. They boated 60 fish over 100lbs including 4 over 200 with one that went 280. They also had some more in the 30 to 50lb range, all for 22 anglers. The report is spot on. There are photos on the Royal Star web page and a friend of mine was on the trip and he sent me a PM with the numbers and photos. 60 fish over 100lbs is a score in line with 6 and 7 day Guadalupe trips when the fishing there is really good.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

DannyNoonan

Smarter than I look...
    Apr 17, 2007
    3rd dumpster on the right
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Lund LX200 LFC
    The way fishing is right now they definitely don't need to lie about the fish counts. Check the fish report for the Royal Star for Sept 14th and 15th. They boated 60 fish over 100lbs including 4 over 200 with one that went 280. They also had some more in the 30 to 50lb range, all for 22 anglers. The report is spot on. There are photos on the Royal Star web page and a friend of mine was on the trip and he sent me a PM with the numbers and photos. 60 fish over 100lbs is a score in line with 6 and 7 day Guadalupe trips when the fishing there is really good.

Agreed. I know the charter master, his sidekick, and maybe half the people on the boat. My wife and I were on the trip the last 2 years. Absolutely epic BFT fishing. Randy is in a league of his own when it comes to finding bluefin...

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Wouldn't be hard for the mods to pull their IP address and find out. Regardless, they're trolling hard and people are falling for it.
    who says we haven't :D

Reactions: One_Leg and JK47
    Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    The rope isn't long enough yet.

Upvote 0

griffin doye

Jun 2, 2020
    san diego
    Name
    griffin
    Boat
    triumph 170
    im a pinhead on a half day boat and fullday boat if you are bitching and moaning that theres not a jack pot on a overnight boat sucks for you we still run jackpot

Upvote 0