karlk1125

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
Well, the fish from Bragg FINALLY began to show up on sunday-monday, feeding on the big squid spawn south of Tomales Point. On tuesday, low and behold, 8 squid seiners show up and begin wrapping the squid that over 100 fucking boats are fishing. While there's a lot of spawns happening that ARE NOT sustaining a big salmon bite, this fucking assholes decide to wrap up the one spawn that is. I was out on sunday and metered a TON of squid. Now I've been getting OTW reports from a commercial buddy reporting that almost all the squid has been wrapped up, leaving what was once the beginning of an extremely promising bite almost barren of feed. Its fucking bullshit that these selfish assholes are killing a bite that not only is supporting us sport guys, but is also supporting a large number of charter and commercial boats. Absolutely un fucking real.

Reactions: daniel7
Upvote 0

karlk1125

Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
I wish that could be the case! I'm more pissed that these guys are fucking with a good salmon bite when they really didnt have to. I know they need to make a living but there are other big squid spawns that they could wrap up without stepping on a lot of fishermens feet.

Upvote 0

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E
I agree Karl! I'm pushing off in the AM from Richmond and was headed up to Dux, but I may bend south and make that long-assed run! When they clean-up like that, they really shut down the bite! I do notice that, give a few days the salmon really start hitting any and everything when you find them again! Starvation sends them hunting! How did you do out there and are you going out this weekend!

Upvote 0

rowdyrosco

sancho
Apr 9, 2009
PSL
Name
ross
Boat
Skipjack 20
Oh, this turd again. Back to your mom's basement vagrant. real fisherman chew copenhagen, cuss like tijuana hookers, and spend more time on the water than at the console. I am sure you do none of these things, so piss off. I'll stay tuned for spelling and punctuation corrections. Oh yeah, fuck ass shit, there's your ammo. Turd.

Upvote 0

davedave

Almost A Member
Sep 16, 2009
Santa Cruz
Name
Dave
Boat
26' ACB
Sorry to hear that Karl. Eighteen of those boats had been working the Monterey and Santa Cruz waters for about the last two months. Talk about killing off the bite over-night. Not real happy about it.
And I agree with Jig Strike....our fisheries shouldn't be pillaged so they can have sushi/rock cod/etc.
in B.F.E.
Nobody should be allowed to wrap entire schools of Bluefin and raise them in pens.........

Reactions: caliboy76
Upvote 0

karlk1125

Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
What's worse is the vast majority of the squid is being shipped over seas. Just a shame.

Upvote 0

getthagaff

Oct 26, 2006
humboldt
Name
nick
Boat
commercial
YES

not for profit.

planting seeds is one thing.
raping and pillaging is another.

help me change my opinion.

I hope you fish with artificial baits exclusively moron because those anchovie and sardine
don't just magically appear in the pens at the barge.

Newsflash its the "evil, for profit" commercial seiners you hate so much that catches em, sells
em to the barge and then sells em to you. And I'm sure you happily buy em up don't ya.

Plus like the other guy said, the party boats, charters long range whatever are all commercially
registered vessels

Upvote 0

ratboy

Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
PLEASE correct me if I'm WRONG!, But I believe you are a "Commercial Fisherman", & own "1" of the MOST $$$$$ 19ft vessel produced.
So obviously GREED WORKS for you or otherwise you could/would be fishing a FAAAAAAAAAAR LESS expensive 19fter & you do sell your commercial catch for the MOST MONEY don't you???!!!

ALWAYS the easiest thing to do is....BLAME the OTHER GUY!!!....You ARE GREEDY!!!, just "MAN UP" & admit it!!!...otherwise, you have portrayed yourself as a "Quintessential Hypocrite" ...Alex

Am I wrong about the squid being processed in china and shipped back?
Haha whatever you say Alex!
Way to side track this post once again goon boy....

Yup big money!

Upvote 0

markmesser

TunaTunaTuna
Jul 2, 2009
san jose
Name
Mark Messer
Boat
191 Mako, Nemesis
When the bite is off in Monterey bay and the squid guys are getting record numbers, first we must ask are the two related with data to prove, or is the water to warm in Monterey bay for salmon and they are all up north in cooler waters? The DNA tests sugust that the Sac, salmon may be going up the Columbia River! Without data we are just pissing in the wind.
If the DFG would close the best squid areas like they did to the recreational rock fishing around HMB, and some some squid areas off limits to nets? Just make some "NO NET ZONES" or a "hook and line only zone" and give a safe haven from net boats and squid boats and draggers. The no fish zones were targeted at the rec. fisherman and not the ones taking 95% of the fish. We need the oceans to feed all the people but we need to better regulate commercial take, the noise from the rec. fisherman about no fish is the first line of defence.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Hey, if you guys just want to sling shit back and forth on every thread we can close em all....or worse.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.