fly liner

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat Name
21' crystaliner /15' prowler
I just found this after alot of searching. Thought it was pretty cool.

Screenshot_20190528-212849_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: mackereljoe
Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat Name
In my opinion it seems like they should make it easier to navigate the DFG website as far as finding size and bag limits. Granted I'm not great at web searches. But it took me quite a while to find the link that I posted above.

Upvote 0

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat Name
That is super weird. I have reviewed and agree that the link you posted does not mention a limit on boccaccio. Thanks. For alot of years I have been certain that the limit was 2. I am not sure where I got that thought. I tend to be pretty on top of size and bag limits. And with that being said, very strick about it on my boat. Thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat Name
Sea Pro 170DC
RCG Complex, as highlighted below...not otherwise speciffiaclly restricted so 10 as said before...at least in the "Southern Managment Area".

1.91. FEDERAL GROUNDFISH AND ROCKFISH, CABEZON AND GREENLING (RCG) COMPLEX. (a) The species or species groups listed in subsections 1.91(a)(1) through 1.91(a)(12) constitute “federal groundfish” and are managed under the Federal Pacific Coast Groundfish Fishery Management Plan: (1) “Nearshore Rockfish,” which means the following species of rockfish: black rockfish (Sebastes melanops), black and yellow rockfish (S. chrysomelas), blue rockfish (S. mystinus), brown rockfish (S. auriculatus), calico rockfish (S. dalli), China rockfish (S. nebulosus), copper rockfish (S. caurinus), gopher rockfish (S. carnatus), grass rockfish (S. rastrelliger), kelp rockfish (S. atrovirens), olive rockfish (S. serranoides), quillback rockfish (S. maliger), treefish (S. serriceps) (2) “California Scorpionfish” (Scorpaena guttata) (3) “Shelf Rockfish” which means the following species of rockfish: bocaccio (Sebastes paucispinis), bronzespotted rockfish (S. gilli), canary rockfish (S. pinniger), chilipepper (S. goodei), cowcod (S. levis), dusky rockfish (S. ciliatus), flag rockfish (S. rubrivinctus), greenblotched rockfish (S. rosenblatti), greenspotted rockfish (S. chlorostictus), greenstriped rockfish (S. elongatus), harlequin rockfish (S. variegatus), honeycomb rockfish (S. umbrosus), Mexican rockfish (S. macdonaldi), pink rockfish (S. eos), redstripe rockfish (S. proriger), rosethorn rockfish (S. helvomaculatus), rosy rockfish (S. rosaceus), shortbelly rockfish (S. jordani), silvergray rockfish (S. brevispinis), speckled rockfish (S. ovalis), squarespot rockfish (S. hopkinsi), starry rockfish (S. constellatus), stripetail rockfish (S. saxicola), tiger rockfish (S. nigrocinctus), vermilion rockfish (S. miniatus), widow rockfish (S. entomelas), yelloweye rockfish (S. ruberrimus), yellowtail rockfish (S. flavidus)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Azarkon

Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat Name
N/A
It was 3. Now it's 10. Despite the bad reputation, they were a fairly popular commercial fish, so fish and game thought the population was depleted. More recent studies showed otherwise. I try to limit my take because they smell. But as with other rock fish, they get injured coming up, so release is difficult and I end up keeping a few every time.

They prefer fish to squid, bait accordingly.

Reactions: fly liner
Upvote 0