maxpowers

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 25, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
someday a 23' Striper
it's maybe early but i am seeing a lot of boats leaving the dock with very light loads on the weekday overnight or 1.5 days runs. i wonder how the crew and the owners are doing with such light loads. don't want to see any boats go financially under.

Tar Pit

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 7, 2006
Reno NV
Name
Friend of Bucko Shaw
Boat
None.
It's a catch 22. People are waiting for better counts before going out, and you can't get good fish counts if the boats are tied up at the dock. IMO they should have a very low price to keep the boats offshore looking for fish. This is where the landing should step up and subsidies the boat owners willing to fish when things are slow.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
It's a catch 22.
This is where the landing should step up and subsidies the boat owners willing to fish when things are slow.
wow did you go to a government school or what

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
This is where the landing should step up and subsidies the boat owners willing to fish when things are slow.
And this is why America is where it is today...can't believe that was even a real thought.

Reactions: MJB

Tar Pit

Mar 7, 2006
Reno NV
Name
Friend of Bucko Shaw
Boat
None.
Guys...................... I did not say government subsidies. Just like a landlord of a shopping mall advertising or putting on a BBQ in the parking lot to get people inside the stores. Lows having a sale on BBQs knowing people will spend money on other stuff in their store. July is only 2 days away and crews are only working weekends. They are going to find new jobs.

MJB

Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
The landing is not going to spend one dime on a boat they don't own......

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
it's maybe early but i am seeing a lot of boats leaving the dock with very light loads on the weekday overnight or 1.5 days runs. i wonder how the crew and the owners are doing with such light loads. don't want to see any boats go financially under.
I think the Short Range fleet is pricing themselves out of business, $200 to $240 bucks for an overnight trip not including permits is ridiculous.

Reactions: Juanba and plj46

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Or people are at work on weekdays ? just a guess