NukeDawg

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
dub-dub-dub
Boat
17' Arima Sea Angler
between the mpa, underwater park, etc...i'm confused as to whether i can boat into la jolla cove area? i'd like to take the family snorkeling, swimming in the caves and cove area. can i do so? how close to beach? is it marked?

appreciate it.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
You can't get too close to the beach.The lifeguards will let you know over the PA that you're too close.It might be better to access that spot from the shore.

Reactions: cortezpirasea

NukeDawg

Mar 27, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
dub-dub-dub
Boat
17' Arima Sea Angler
You can't get too close to the beach.The lifeguards will let you know over the PA that you're too close.It might be better to access that spot from the shore.
Is that a rule/regulation or lifeguard discretion?

aquasport18

aquasport18
Jul 30, 2012
san diego ca 92117
Name
the brusier
Boat
21 ft stealh vip cc.
That's the law wouldn't take my kids snorkel off that area go from shore too much food for the sharks near childrens pool too .B

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Is that a rule/regulation or lifeguard discretion?
I think yes to all three.I think there are buoys well beyond the swimming area,you have to stay outside of them with a boat.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Been there done that many times. Its great from a boat.
You will need to go north beyond and outside the cove. There are buoy lines for swimmers. Stay to the outside .
Travel in at 5 miles per hour as your heading in to the shores, marine room. Be very careful their will be no shortage of paddle boarders and kayaks from the hotels.
At that area you can anchor, plenty calm and great area for kids.

NukeDawg

Mar 27, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
dub-dub-dub
Boat
17' Arima Sea Angler
Been there done that many times. Its great from a boat.
You will need to go north beyond and outside the cove. There are buoy lines for swimmers. Stay to the outside .
Travel in at 5 miles per hour as your heading in to the shores, marine room. Be very careful their will be no shortage of paddle boarders and kayaks from the hotels.
At that area you can anchor, plenty calm and great area for kids.
Great to hear. Are the buoys easy to see? Anchor anywhere outside the buoys? How close to the caves/cove, 50 yards? Easy swim?

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Yes to all. Key word is take it slow.

Ps dont have any rods in the holder. That will get the lifeguards there quickly too.

Enjoy your day

Reactions: NukeDawg