BoatID . com, anyone else have issues with them?

Da Mad Anglah

Old fut who still misses home on da islands
Oct 21, 2020
Idaho (and sometimes Honolulu)
Name
Chris
Boat
'93 18' Weldcraft "Rod Rage"
Not sure if this should have gone into boat parts classified section or chit chat, mods please move it if its not where it should be please!
So, beat up my prop a bit running Clearwater river in Idaho last week, decided to just buy a new one and get this one fixed down the road for a spare. Found it about 50 bucks cheaper than locally, and saw it would arrive in just a few days. Yeah, right!
I guess it got held up on a UPS truck for an extra 4 days, but it did arrive today. Opened the box and find a completely wrong prop in there! Gotta love the fact that the box has correct part number, but prop is not even close!
Ordered this:
DSC_5048.JPG

and got this:
DSC_5050.JPG

Wrong pitch, wrong diameter, no way this will work on my Honda BF150!

Contact BoaterID.com via online chat and the tech refuses to even acknowledge it was a problem, even tried saying I got what I ordered! No care about making it right, and then went into her b.s. about RMA and 24-72 hours before getting a refund. I send images of the issue because she's stating that there isn't a problem since I ordered a 9551-148-17 SOLAS. Yeah, but that's not what I physically got!
As soon as I sent images, she disconnects from chat, so who knows if I'll get the refund or not! Time to just call my bank and reverse charges I guess.

Lesson learned, save 50 bucks, earn 300 bucks of headaches! Now heading down to local shop, exactly what I should have done in the first place.

Wondering if anyone else has had good/bad luck with BoaterID?
Chris
DSC_5048.JPG
DSC_5050.JPG

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Had good experiences with them. Looks like a previous customer pulled a switcheroo on them?

Sounds like they were trying to get you to return it as well? You want a refund without returning?

Upvote 0

Da Mad Anglah

Oct 21, 2020
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    No, would have been okay with sending out correct part, but they weren't interested in making any leeway like shipping it out asap. I'd have to return, wait several days, then they would ship out, another several days.
    Shipping it back and just taking my money to local shop, at least they treat me well and I've learned my lesson. Don't be a fucking cheap-ass for 50 bucks!:zelfmoord

Upvote 0

Hismosa

• Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    No, would have been okay with sending out correct part, but they weren't interested in making any leeway like shipping it out asap. I'd have to return, wait several days, then they would ship out, another several days.
    Shipping it back and just taking my money to local shop, at least they treat me well and I've learned my lesson. Don't be a fucking cheap-ass for 50 bucks!:zelfmoord
    Ahh okay, yea, probably not going to find too many online retailers that will ship you out something before receiving the first thing back. But you could have purchased another and had a quick turnaround and then just dealt with the return on first one.

Upvote 0

Da Mad Anglah

Oct 21, 2020
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Forgot to add, yeah, it could have been a switcheroo, but box looked intact and never opened before. cardboard fits the prop and there's no extra marks where the correct prop would have indented it.
    Funny, the prop that was in there seems to be more expensive than the one I ordered. What I should do is sell it, keep the extra money and tell 'em to pound sand. That's not me though, just want the correct prop for my boat and move on. Had she said she'd ship out the correct one today, or maybe offer 2nd day air or something, they would have probably kept my business, but she was intent on getting me off chat, asking if there's anything else she can help me with before I was even done getting the rma shit correct and asking if there's anything they could do for me.

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    Ahh okay, yea, probably not going to find too many online retailers that will ship you out something before receiving the first thing back. But you could have purchased another and had a quick turnaround and then just dealt with the return on first one.

Actually, it happens all the time. You just have to let them charge your card for the new part, then get a credit when they get the old part. But Amazon goes a step further. The send out the replacement at no charge, but with the understanding that if they don't get the old part back within 30 days, they charge you for the new part. About the only time they won't do this is when the part has gone up in price significantly.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

• Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Actually, it happens all the time. You just have to let them charge your card for the new part, then get a credit when they get the old part. But Amazon goes a step further. The send out the replacement at no charge, but with the understanding that if they don't get the old part back within 30 days, they charge you for the new part. About the only time they won't do this is when the part has gone up in price significantly.
    That's basically what I said, buying the item again.... I gave the manual version as this retailer doesn't have that option or at least doesn't sound like they offered it and as I said its not too common.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Islandrat

Wish I was new
    Aug 15, 2007
    Camarillo
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Davis 22 to Radon 26 to Crystaliner 33
    Just bought a bunch of through hull (2” stuff” from them and they were priced well and came quick. Sorry for your experience.

Upvote 0

Latest posts