boaters safety card replacement

bullshooter

Jul 24, 2009
Graham, wa
Name
Monty
Boat
24' Seahawk OS
So, I lost my wallet and in it was my boaters safety card. Before I tear up the internet I thought I would ask the pros how I would go about getting a replacement. I do not remember or have record of the service I went through to get it. Any way, losing a wallet sucks. Thanks guys.

Upvote 0

punted coho

Jan 29, 2013
buckley wa
Name
josh
Boat
Yes
Has anyone ever actually been asked for one? Mine never came in the mail years ago when I did it and I’ve been boarded many times since. I’ve never been asked for one.

Upvote 0

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
I believe the sheriff is the only one who asks for them. Coast guard definitely does not and WDFW usually just looks at licenses.

Reactions: FHisherman
Upvote 0

Siv

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
I was asked once by the Pierce county sheriff but have been checked many other times with no request. No idea on replacement.

Upvote 0

OceanSun

Captain
  • Mar 26, 2013
    Snohomish WA
    Name
    Dan Meyer
    Boat
    Ocean Dancer 21' Trophy
    Everett Police asked for a buddy's once at the launch and he didn't have one. Weren't going to let us leave the dock until I produced mine and took over as pilot. Lost mine once - there is a form you can download from the Parks dept website fill out and send in with $5 and they'll mail you a new one.

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    I refuse to pay for that bullshit. If you have an OUPV license will they still hassle you?

I have that but not the state boaters tax card.

Upvote 0