mrfish11

"Just a captain"
  • Aug 3, 2009
    Olympia,WA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    What product do you guys use to get the hard water spots off your boat windows? I watched a youtube video on Glassweld Pro Clean glass restorer and it seems like it's legit. Anyone use this stuff or have any recommendations on what works good?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    It's not as difficult as you think to get the water spots off of glass. I used 0000 steel wool along with barkeepers friend which took off a good 80% of the stuff from older glass. I would think the tutorials on YouTube would give similar results.

Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    @Chasin' Tail had something he used on his boat during quarantine this Spring.

Reactions: mrfish11
    Upvote 0

Master Chief

Aug 18, 2009
    Sedro Woolley, Washington
    Name
    Chad Lukehart
    Boat
    Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Mike @Chasin' Tail gave me some stuff that works amazing in exchange for some no bake cookies. I will use a combination of this stuff and @Cohoho suggested technique and I should have clear glass in no time. ;)

I wouldn’t recommend adding the no bake cookies to the mix, unless you use a whole lot different ingredients then me, it is gonna leave a nasty film.

Reactions: The Peddler
    Upvote 0

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
    Sep 9, 2013
    Carnation
    www.metropolitandetail.com
    Name
    Benjamin
    Boat
    Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Mike @Chasin' Tail gave me some stuff that works amazing in exchange for some no bake cookies. I will use a combination of this stuff and @Cohoho suggested technique and I should have clear glass in no time. ;)

curious what product Mike gave you? text me a picture please

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    CLR...IT WORKS WELL ON SOME THINGS

Some thing......Others you just need citric acid. Super cheap. Buy food grade powder from amazon or anywhere else you can find. mix a solution with water in spray bottle. Rub with steel wool or scotch bright.

On vertical surfaces like shower doors I spray and stick paper towels to doors and keep moist a few hours for nasty scale.

Then make sure you wax your windows and it wont happen again. RainX works, but any car or boat wax will.

Reactions: stella marina
    Upvote 0