Boat U.S. Membership Discounts or Coupons are there any ??

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
as the title reads
just looking to save a few bucks.... :)

"all-in"

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
Doesn't help at the moment but I think they usually have discounts at Fred Hall. Hopefully they have it next year.

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
Thanks but need it now...:)

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
20' Skipjack, 14' "buckets"
Get boat us insurance which it is then included

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
Price out the insurance. They doubled / tripled the cost on many member a few years back. You can check the forums for the thread(s).

I have AAA and pay the boat us separately. Once Boat US expires I may switch over to AAA completely. Need to check their plan closer. I recently had a bad experience with Boat US where they basically refused to tow my boat/trailer to my house.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Get boat us insurance which it is then included
Yea just look at what amount they cover for towing.It isn't much at all.I just got my policy renewal and it offers $50 bucks for towing which won't even cover a jump start.That wasn't the deductible as far as i know.

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
20' Skipjack, 14' "buckets"
Yea just look at what amount they cover for towing.It isn't much at all.I just got my policy renewal and it offers $50 bucks for towing which won't even cover a jump start.That wasn't the deductible as far as i know.
I don't trailer my boat so never read the fine print in that section but like you said $50 wouldn't make sense, that must be the deductible.

Reactions: plj46

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
Parker 2120
AAA coverage for Mexican waters is iffy. They didn't have a rider to say I was covered in Mexican waters. The policy was open to interpretation of how many times I fish in Mexico which could be every weekend. Boat US has a rider that includes Mexican Coast and Waterways.

And the coverage for towing with the Policy is minimal so I still pay for the membership at Fred Hall 99$

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I don't trailer my boat so never read the fine print in that section but like you said $50 wouldn't make sense, that must be the deductible.
I'll go back and read through it a little better.I hope you're right and it is the deductible.I saw the $50 dollar about towing and laughed.They won't even show up for 50 bucks.

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
Parker 2120
I'll go back and read through it a little better.I hope you're right and it is the deductible.I saw the $50 dollar about towing and laughed.They won't even show up for 50 bucks.
I was just looking at my policy yesterday. So on my policy im covered for $250 2x's a year.

BoatU.S. COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE Under SECTION IV – COVERAGES, B. COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE, the following is
added:
If there is an amount shown on the Declarations Page for COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE, “we” will pay for the expenses incurred for commercial towing and assistance of an “insured boat” or “insured trailer” from a breakdown at sea or on the road, when the commercial towing and assistance is dispatched or preauthorized by the BoatU.S. 24 hour Dispatch Services. “We” will pay this expense directly to the provider or reimburse “you” at “our” option. Covered expenses are limited to the following services provided by a commercial vendor, on land or water:
  1. Towing of an “insured boat” or “insured trailer” to the nearest safe location;
  2. The cost of delivering gas, oil, tire(s) or repair part(s) and labor at site of disablement
    when available, but excluding the cost of any gas, oil, tire(s) or repair part(s).
This coverage does not apply when an “insured boat” is docked, moored or located in a safe harbor or the “insured trailer” (with or without an “insured boat”) is in a parking space. The maximum amount of coverage for any one incident or series of incidents arising out of the same breakdown is the amount shown on the Declarations Page for COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE. The most “we” will pay in any one policy year is two times the coverage limit shown on the Declarations Page. No deductibles will apply to this coverage.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I was just looking at my policy yesterday. So on my policy im covered for $250 2x's a year.

BoatU.S. COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE Under SECTION IV – COVERAGES, B. COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE, the following is
added:
If there is an amount shown on the Declarations Page for COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE, “we” will pay for the expenses incurred for commercial towing and assistance of an “insured boat” or “insured trailer” from a breakdown at sea or on the road, when the commercial towing and assistance is dispatched or preauthorized by the BoatU.S. 24 hour Dispatch Services. “We” will pay this expense directly to the provider or reimburse “you” at “our” option. Covered expenses are limited to the following services provided by a commercial vendor, on land or water:
  1. Towing of an “insured boat” or “insured trailer” to the nearest safe location;
  2. The cost of delivering gas, oil, tire(s) or repair part(s) and labor at site of disablement
    when available, but excluding the cost of any gas, oil, tire(s) or repair part(s).
This coverage does not apply when an “insured boat” is docked, moored or located in a safe harbor or the “insured trailer” (with or without an “insured boat”) is in a parking space. The maximum amount of coverage for any one incident or series of incidents arising out of the same breakdown is the amount shown on the Declarations Page for COMMERCIAL TOWING AND ASSISTANCE. The most “we” will pay in any one policy year is two times the coverage limit shown on the Declarations Page. No deductibles will apply to this coverage.
So do you also have the Vessel Assist on top of this coverage ? $250 is better than nothing but won't go very far.

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
Parker 2120
So do you also have the Vessel Assist on top of this coverage ? $250 is better than nothing but won't go very far.
Yes, because like you said $250 is not going to go very far. also here is the main portion for us who travel to Mexico (Coronado)

THIS ENDORSEMENT CHANGES THE POLICY. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. MEXICO COVERAGE
Permission is granted for navigation of an “insured boat” in the coastal and inland waters of Mexico.

downtime

Sep 12, 2006
San Diego
Name
Ronson
Boat
26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
Usually West Marine does deals on holiday weekends. I called they said they were going to be doing it for Memorial weekend save $50. I get down there and they say it just ended. Weird to be the week prior.
I don’t even need it till October but I am completely will to pre buy to save $50. Now I have a couple other weekend coming up to try.

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
Parker 2120
Usually West Marine does deals on holiday weekends. I called they said they were going to be doing it for Memorial weekend save $50. I get down there and they say it just ended. Weird to be the week prior.
I don’t even need it till October but I am completely will to pre buy to save $50. Now I have a couple other weekend coming up to try.
Downtime if you get it in October. renew at Fred Hall and they will tack it to the end of original end date. Basically prepaying for your next year with 0 loss of time. the gold membership at the Show was 99$.

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
Price out the insurance. They doubled / tripled the cost on many member a few years back. You can check the forums for the thread(s).

I have AAA and pay the boat us separately. Once Boat US expires I may switch over to AAA completely. Need to check their plan closer. I recently had a bad experience with Boat US where they basically refused to tow my boat/trailer to my house.
AAA Has boat towing services when on the water ?

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
Still looking for a discount deal on Boat US or any other boat towing / service when on the water including Mexico...
can't remember the name of the other one...

Thanks

mine expires 5/31/2020 (lol)

downtime

Sep 12, 2006
San Diego
Name
Ronson
Boat
26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
Downtime if you get it in October. renew at Fred Hall and they will tack it to the end of original end date. Basically prepaying for your next year with 0 loss of time. the gold membership at the Show was 99$.
That’s cheap. U know something I don’t? Is there a date for Fred Hall this year.

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
Dos Viejos
AAA coverage for Mexican waters is iffy. They didn't have a rider to say I was covered in Mexican waters. The policy was open to interpretation of how many times I fish in Mexico which could be every weekend. Boat US has a rider that includes Mexican Coast and Waterways.

And the coverage for towing with the Policy is minimal so I still pay for the membership at Fred Hall 99$
when in Mexican waters you can have them come tow you??

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
sea tow , let it lapse , gary , then they'll be sending you offers. call sea tow get a quote , and use it as a bargaining factor.
Rick Thanks I'll do just that .... :)

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
Also I thought I seen Boat US advertising on BD last year with a price of 99.00
wondering if that is going to happen anytime soon..

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
AAA RV Roadside is the way to go and 100 mile tow

Reactions: kevina

ocsleeper

May 1, 2008
Anaheim
Name
Ricky
Boat
Cobia 220 DC
My renewal with them ends during a time when I don't really use my boat. I don't renew right away and let the policy lapse. Like clock work, they reach out to me after several weeks offering a discounted rate. 2 years now, I have been able to do this.