kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Anyone see the boat traffic today on AIS? It looked like theirs a convention going on out their!! I've never seen that type of boat traffic out on those banks today It looked the Horseshoe kelp when the Barracuda were bitting, Looks like you can walk from boat to boat. I'll bet all the rice in China it spooked the fish and they will either go down or to a new area!

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

Gafff

Fishing is life
    Aug 26, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Working on it
    Maybe it doesn't effect those down deep, time will tell.
    They are all trying to get yft down south for some reason! I went out the other day slim pickins on the schoolie bft! I think the temp dropped on thur so the yft scattered, then two days later they came back, then today gone again. I got one 20 lber luckily. 9 fish for 40 people.

Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    I was on the bank tues-fri and lucked out in a matter of speaking. The wind and swell picked up so there were no small boats out there past tues afternoon. However, all the multi day and long range boats were out there. I am sure it will be the same as when the BFT were off the coast. I'm scheduled out again next thurs through sun again so lets see how it goes

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I was on the bank tues-fri and lucked out in a matter of speaking. The wind and swell picked up so there were no small boats out there past tues afternoon. However, all the multi day and long range boats were out there. I am sure it will be the same as when the BFT were off the coast. I'm scheduled out again next thurs through sun again so lets see how it goes
    $100 says you will be the high man on the boat. When everybody else goes on sportboats, they go looking for the BFT, Whatever boat your on "The BFT go looking for the boat your on, Your a fish Magnet!!" :notworthy. I hope you get one over 200lbs, Better if you get one over 300lbs, Good luck and put the wood to them.

Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    LMFAO. I have three trips left and keeping my fingers crossed for a cow. On this last trip the wind and swell kept us from going into deeper water looking for the big boys. Spent most of the time anchored up but still did pretty good on BFT up to about 80. I had a ton of fun limited out on day one fishing 30 pound line on a 9 foot jig stick. Spent the next two days hooking and handing fish. We ended up with 113 BFT for 29 people which was not bad considering conditions.

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    The boat traffic has been like that for a long time with a few weather breaks.

Upvote 0

Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
  • Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    Homer l, AK 28’ Koffler aluminum 28’ San Diego, CA 22’ Whalers CC
    They are all trying to get yft down south for some reason! I went out the other day slim pickins on the schoolie bft! I think the temp dropped on thur so the yft scattered, then two days later they came back, then today gone again. I got one 20 lber luckily. 9 fish for 40 people.
    Do you remember the temperature on your slow day?

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    $100 says you will be the high man on the boat. When everybody else goes on sportboats, they go looking for the BFT, Whatever boat your on "The BFT go looking for the boat your on, Your a fish Magnet!!" :notworthy. I hope you get one over 200lbs, Better if you get one over 300lbs, Good luck and put the wood to them.
    I though CODY was the fish magnet? LOL

Upvote 0