boat storage - Sunset Aquatic Boat Ramp

saltwaters

Sep 4, 2003
offshore
Name
none
Boat
none
I've been calling around looking for a place to store my next boat that will be on a trailer. Sunset charges $250 per month will 24 hr access and no launch fee. It won't be convenient for going south but will be for going to the west end of Cat.

My question is, how good or bad is the security or likelihood of someone breaking into the boat while it's stored there?

Thanks, Bill

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
My buddy kept a Hydra Sports CC there for years, lost 1 drain plug. He found out when he got to the bridge. This was before the remodel with the new, secured fenced-in area. Might be the safest around. Way too far away for most of the riff-raff that you'll see at other launches.

Upvote 0

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
I don't store my boat there but use the launch ramp. I've never seen questionable people there coming in late at night. I can't same the same for Long Beach.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
Probably one of the safest places to keep a boat. They have cameras on entrance and exits to track who goes in and out. A few incidents over the years but, minor compared to most storage places. You need quarters for the washdown, the public restroom is nice for the girls and there is an electrical plug in by the restroom if your battery needs a charge by the launch ramp. Also elec plug ins near all the boats. Cheaper to do a l year lease than pay monthly. Remove your electronics and you should be safe...

Upvote 0

baaadlybent

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 5, 2006
Fullerton/Bahia de los Angeles
Name
Doug
Boat
26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
Been there only two years. Not a single problem. During the season I keep a solar panel on deck to charge batteries. Hasn't been fiddled with yet. And early on I asked every boat owner I saw if they ever had any problems. No one ever said anything negative. I'm happy. Don't like paying $247 a month, but I'm happy. I also read negative comments about the ladies in the front office. They have been EXTREMELY kind and professional to me. It's all about how you treat people. And can't beat the 100 yard tow to the ramp!

Upvote 0

pescadorable

Jun 27, 2009
Orange
Name
Tony
Boat
Cabo 216 The Fish Taco
Except for the dummies in the parking lot that don't know how to drive with a trailer and leave their info after they wreck your truck and the camera's didn't work.

IMG_0877.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: FishingFiend
Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
Its safe there , the only thing that needs to change is the gate key to exit , they need to make it by remote control , if your launching by yourself it makes it a pain in the arse to exit the vehicle and scan the key chip to exit on passenger side ..

Reactions: slydawg
Upvote 0

bob311

• Dec 7, 2018
    huntington beach
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    23' sanger alleycat
    I put my name on the wait list there and hope to be in by summer, but who knows. What I dont understand is they have dry 30' spaces listed as available on their site, but when I emailed I was told twice that ALL boats on a trailer have to go in a 40' space which are all full. It makes no sense at all since my LOA is right at 30'... oh well

Upvote 0

saltwaters

Sep 4, 2003
    offshore
    Name
    none
    Boat
    none
    I put my name on the wait list there and hope to be in by summer, but who knows. What I dont understand is they have dry 30' spaces listed as available on their site, but when I emailed I was told twice that ALL boats on a trailer have to go in a 40' space which are all full. It makes no sense at all since my LOA is right at 30'... oh well
    Their website doesn't make much sense at all. You'd think they would want those smaller spaces rented but they must have a reason to deny themselves that monthly rent income.

Upvote 0
    May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    Boats might be 25' but, most trailers make it well over 30'...biggest problem is the 8 1/2' wide parking spaces...tough to park a 9 1/2' Parker there...but, the close by launch ramp makes it worth the hassle, especially when it is free with the storage fee...Every year fees go up and contracts with them are getting a little on the absurd side tho'...reads like a Trump attorney put them together...The ladies are nice but, the "late fee" demand letters if you are a few days over the 1st due date, can be irritating....
    ...a .sign of the times or I am just getting old and cranky over constant hands into your pockets by everyone....then, there are the meter maids and street sweepers waiting to ambush you whereever you park....it is time to go fishing and get off land....

Last edited:

getemwet

Mar 2, 2010
    Lakewood,ca
    Name
    george
    Boat
    GW 208 adventure “Bruddah “
    I got my boat at cabrillio marina for the same price nice place. Can be on plane in minutes . Fuel dock close and San Pedro bait company right there. One stop shop

Upvote 0