Boat storage and cat island

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by ba_reefer, Sep 5, 2017.

1. ba_reefer

ba_reefer Member

Name:
    Frank
    Boat:
    Parker 2120 w Yami F200/ Arima 17 Sea Chaser w/ Yami 100 / Livingston 12T w/ Yami 25
    hey bd I was wondering how busy should I expect the mooring spots to be at Catalina on lobster opener weekend. I plan on booking one night but I would Have to do that on the day of. Since online only allows a min of 3 days booking. Any info would be great.

I also wanted to leave my boat in storage around the long beach area pref secure with good expletives. indoors or out is fine.

Thanks
    Frank on the Parker

2. Fisha

Fisha skipper

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    24' sea ray flybridge, 12' w/outboard
    Huntington harbor (sunset aquatic) has been good for us with dry storage, right next to the launch ramp. Not sure about mooring availability at Catalina since we usually spend the night on the hook.....but I would imagine there will be some availability.

3. Azarkon

Azarkon I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    N/A
    I would not expect any opening unless well in advance. This is lobster opening day you're talking about and the island is busy even without that on the weekends. That said, the usual Catalina lobster trip is to go there during the day, catch lobster at night and head back early morning. People won't be looking to stay there most of the time. But should that be your plan I would get it soon rather than late.

4. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
    You should be fine. You can check out Whites, emerald cove, two harbors, Cherry Cove, Hamilton Cove, Henrock, Moonstone.

PS.....the opener has been moved back one month due to the recent capture of lobsters with Mythabulsithasis disease. Its cause is being blamed for the warm er temps, that have been unseasonaly higher than normal, the past few years.
    Once the water gets below 65 degree's it kills the virus and the bugs are then safe for human consumption. Typical systems if you have eater a tainted lobster, is severe gastral issues. AKA the Hershey squirt.

CHADDY likes this.