Boat Show and Tuna Seminar

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
Attended the boat show Wednesday with my fishing partner and dad, and saw a lot of good stuff. Impression was that the show was a bit smaller than years past, with fewer vendors and boats. Even those that were there seemed to have fewer boats on hand. For example, Jacobsen's only brought a few Grady's, the largest being the 23 Gulfstream. Having attended the show on a Wednesday we pretty much had the place to ourselves, as crowds were very light.

The Pursuit/Ocean Sport offering was impressive. Pursuit has made many changes over the years, and none of them bad. The Ocean Sports were very nice, and responsible for me dropping a few bucks on lottery tickets.

The aluminum cat on display by Nichols Diversified was pretty cool. With very few mod's this would make one hell of a battlewagon. The Nichols rep said the client that owns it uses it mainly as a water taxi to shuttle himself to his private island. What a shame. I wonder if the client has a single daughter.....

Pretty much had to "run" through the East Hall displays, as we ran out of time before the 6PM showing of Tower Todd's Tuna Talk. Arrived early and caught the last 20 minutes of a salmon/halibut seminar that was finishing up, and said hello to Todd and Marlin Mike when they arrived about 10 minutes before the salmon talk ended. Mike seemed disappointed when I told him I couldn't sit with him in the back row to Heckle the Tuna Speaker, but I was intent on grabbing a front row seat in order to maximize my educational opportunity. At the start of Todd's sermon, he gave a disclaimer saying he was going to fly through the info as he intended to cover several hours of presentation in about 50 minutes. What an UNDERSTATEMENT! He gave so much info that I took 10 pages of handwritten notes, and barely scratched the surface in what was offered. I had brought my digital camera along to snap photo's of critical powerpoint slides, and got several. In my haste to absorb as much of Todd's wisdom as possible, I neglected to get any of the Speaker Himself. My Bad. In the future, I'll either take photo's, or notes, but not both as I repeatedly found myself furiously scribbling on a particular slide when I realized I wouldn't be able to capture everything so I would begin powering up the camera to snap a shot when "click", the slide would change. :( It was patently clear that Todd has mastered albacore tuna fishing. Thank you Todd for selflessly imparting your obviously hard-earned and extensive wisdom. :appl: :appl: :appl:

And thank you as well Mike for hanging around after the seminar to share your knowledge as well. Cold ones on me at the next opportunity. :hali_olutta:

One definitely needs to set aside at least a couple of days to absorb everything at this boat show. The evil reality of employment, plus the minor inconvenience of the show being 200 miles away from home made this impractical for us, and we sadly couldn't make it to Lake Union to see the offerings there. As it was, we didn't get home until 11pm.

Sign me up for the next full-blown Tuna Talk! Don't know if the date's been announced yet, but I'll be there barring any unforeseen complications. I'll be the one with the tripod mounted digital video recorder. :rofl:

Cornfed

CAPTAIN | TEAM USUAL SUSPECTS
Has Moderator Powers
Sep 18, 2007
Seattle
Name
TOMMY DONLIN
Boat
DEFIANCE GUADALUPE 290 CORNIVOROUS
Tom - You'll have to come back when Todd and I give the presentation at one of the PSA chapters. We get a full 2.5 hours and we can cover more detail. Our presentation has way more detail than any of the others I have seen. Lot's of tricks and good info. And you wont' find a nicer, more approachable guy than Todd. Glad you were able to see his presentation.

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Tom - You'll have to come back when Todd and I give the presentation at one of the PSA chapters. We get a full 2.5 hours and we can cover more detail. Our presentation has way more detail than any of the others I have seen. Lot's of tricks and good info. And you wont' find a nicer, more approachable guy than Todd. Glad you were able to see his presentation.
when are you and todd going to come out of the closet....:rofl:

FLASHER

Don't Fight the "Flasher"
Aug 21, 2008
Marysville
www.Qcove.com
Name
Ken
Boat
Raider 24'
I am sure there will be some presentation at the defiance open house on April 9th... And if it has not been worked out yet... well I just opened that door!

Flasher

Cornfed

CAPTAIN | TEAM USUAL SUSPECTS
Has Moderator Powers
Sep 18, 2007
Seattle
Name
TOMMY DONLIN
Boat
DEFIANCE GUADALUPE 290 CORNIVOROUS
when are you and todd going to come out of the closet....:rofl:
At least I don't take pictures with my leg wrapped around him like a sheep in heat.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Marlin Mike

pimpin aint cheap
Dec 11, 2007
Snohomish, WA
Name
Mike
Boat
boat ho now gimme a call
It was great seeing you guys again and wow all the way from the tri cities for 50 minutes I think you should get your own personal seminar, just for making the long haul.

MM

next time bring a video recorder and than you can sell it back to him.