Boat Shipping Rates CA to HI

Captain JG

Mar 4, 2017
Hawaii Kai
Name
Binky Yates
Boat
23 Glaspro
I've just received a shipping quote from Pasha re: shipping a boat on trailer from San Diego to Honolulu.
Boat is a 23' walk around cutty cabin similar to a Trophy, Striper, or Proline. Motor is a single 225 outboard mounted on a swim step/motor mount extension. Trailer is a standard dual axle aluminum. Dimensions on trailer are 26' long by 8'8" wide by 10' high includes the hardtop. Weight is estimated at 4580 lbs. The received quote for port to port is $7,485. I was pleasantly surprised, thinking it might run 10K to 14K. I understand that Matson rates are much higher. Rumor has it that Pasha offers the best rates. Unfortunately they only ship from San Diego and not San Pedro. I hope this info is helpful to anyone planning to purchase and ship a vessel here. Aloha Captain John

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    That price seems good, I bought a classic Schwinn bike for my son in Denton, Tx. It only weights appx 80 lbs and the Cheapest I found was right a 1K to ship it on a truck within a month, So I'm not asking for overnight or 3 days, etc. I'm in the wrong business.

Upvote 0

Captain JG

Mar 4, 2017
    Hawaii Kai
    Name
    Binky Yates
    Boat
    23 Glaspro
    Here's an update for June 14, 2021

Quotes received from Matson for 23' cuddy cabin fishing boat on dual axle trailer. Dimensions given Boat on Trailer 31', Width 8', Height 9' Wt. under 8000 Shipped (not in container) $6542.20 Oakland to Pier 5 Kalaeloa.

Shipping Seattle by barge (used to be Sause Bros now owned by AML) Same boat as above quoted by AML (Alaska Marine Logistics or Aloha Marine Logistics) $8362.58 by barge Seattle to Pier 5 Kalaeola

Its helpful to know that if your a local trying to buy a boat in the mainland and ship it over, You can book everything yourself and get as good a rate as anyone else. I consider myself a expert having spent 2 weeks doing logistics from Florida to CA to HNL, arranging trucking, overland trailer pull, etc.

You can ripped off horribly by just hiring a boat transport broker. I have the names of some reputable trucking agents in Florida who offer the best rates that I've heard of. Essentially, they post your trip on a board and let the drivers bid on your trip. Drivers are all DOT licensed and your boat is insured by the Broker to cover the overland transport and by the shipping line dock to dock. A Bill of Lading accompanies the vessel, driver and is signed and received by the Sender and will be emailed to the Buyer, (new owner), so everyone has copies of legal documents should their be any discrepancies, claims for damage, etc. No trucker wants the headache of not getting paid so they are generally careful as if the vessel were their own.

There are so any different ways to save money on the whole process, but the big transport brokers don't share that with you and can easily have you paying 2 to 4,000 more than you need to. My trucking agent will make $280 total after saving me a ton of money and ended up paying for the heat shrink wrap which was $550.

Anyone that has any questions can reply to this post because I don't think I can post my cell number. But, I'd be glad to help all my local bro's and tita;s to save some kala and get their boat here safely.

Aloha,
    Capt. John

IMG_20210609_151306_02.jpg

IMG_20210609_151330_01.jpg

Reactions: Tim Turis
    Upvote 0