Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
not for me just sold my boat...
I got a 2003 GMC pickup just the the new registration 18 year old truck 399.00
fuck this state over charges for everything....
Guess I should sell my truck I do not use it much only has 70k on the clock
2003 GMC 4x4 CC duramax/allision short bed...runs perfect

sorry for ranting....

• Haha
Reactions: Thozguys and marlyn

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    The fee increase is part of the “Fiscal Stability for Boating Programs”... "During this time, the fund has faced increasing cost pressures, such as climate-driven expansion of the Aquatic Invasive Plant Control Program (AIPCP), liabilities for Davis Dolwig payments, new fund commitments for the Public Beach Restoration Fund, and increasing employee compensation costs, without additional revenue sources,” said DBW staff in a statement emailed to The Log.

Seems very likely the cost increase is to pay PEOPLE. Salaries and wages are increased, contractor pay isn't negotiated effectively, and then the higher costs result in a deficit. Govt agencies will never learn that they can't spending $$ they don't have because legislation like this shows them that they can.

“We believe it is a more equitable approach to fee raising, similar to the way DMV charges registration fees,” Schaafsma said at the meeting.

Agree to pay out more and then raise taxes to cover the difference. What makes this approach equitable?

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    We should ALL... Stop paying Registration... Licensing and other fees... DEFUND THE ASSHOLES!
    we will just tell them we are undocumented!