jplee3

Wish I could catch as much as I fish
May 3, 2007
Irvine
Name
Jeremy
Boat
n/a
Anyone know if you can register your boat/motor at AAA?

clean n up
clean n up
I just did mine last month. Florida boat and trailer. I had to take the trailer to them for Vin verification.
Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
When I bought my boat and trailer from out of state they handled the boat but not the trailer.The vin had to be verified and told me I had to go to DMV.I had Quickplates in Huntington Beach handle it for me.Came to my house and verified the vin and finished the whole deal.If a traler is involved I would contact someone like them to avoid the DMV.Tom

Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
When I bought my boat and trailer from out of state they handled the boat but not the trailer.The vin had to be verified and told me I had to go to DMV.I had Quickplates in Huntington Beach handle it for me.Came to my house and verified the vin and finished the whole deal.If a traler is involved I would contact someone like them to avoid the DMV.Tom
I did my out of State trailer at AAA, took the manufacturer certificate of origin and the trailer to AAA, agent came out matched the certificate to the trailer plate asked for a bill of sale, I paid the fees and taxes and I was done, received a permanent trailer plate a couple weeks later.

Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I think might have been because it was a Georgia bill of sale with no title.Few years ago,cant remember but they said they could not do it.Tom

Upvote 0

miaf

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Everyone is giving advise on registering an out of state boat and trailer, but I don’t see anywhere the OP mentioned his was out of state or he was registering a trailer. So, just to answer what the OP asked, without reading anything into it, yes you can register a boat at AAA. Motor doesn’t require registration.😂😂

Upvote 0