PENN

timkx500

Jul 8, 2009
San Diego
Name
Tim
Boat
1851dc seaswirl
Thanks for all the replies, I’ve officially given up now. I guess we are all in this same shitty situation boat together -except for those who have their boats slipped. I actually had a slip reserved for the week being that I’m off work, but unfortunately couldn’t even launch at anywhere and even went to my veteran option at MCRD which is also closed to non essential personnel. You know it’s getting bad when the Marine base restricts those from coming on board. Oh well, I filed a complaint with Mayor Faulconer’s office... but I’m sure they’ll just gaff it off. No pun intended!
Be safe out there and see you all on the water when this blows over.

Reactions: cioppino
Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
1587498288165.jpeg

Upvote 0

nctoadslayerz

Almost A Member
Jan 27, 2012
Encinitas
Name
Eric Risen
Boat
nadaa
Reactions: Mikehoncho92101
Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
i wonder if the ramp at the hotel coral in ense is open??? i suppose i can call and find out.

it's backpacking in sequoia this weekend for us.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
i wonder if the ramp at the hotel coral in ense is open??? i suppose i can call and find out.

it's backpacking in sequoia this weekend for us.
TJ is under intense Covid pressure. Ensenada is stable, but heard the Federales closed the road between the two to keep it contained. That info is 3 days old. May warrant a call to see if things have changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
TJ is under intense Covid pressure. Ensenada is stable, but heard the Federales closed the road between the two to keep it contained. That info is 3 days old. May warrant a call to see if things have changed.

thanks a lot for the info! i do plan on calling the hotel to check the status of them and their marina.

shit, maybe i'll just be a backpacking fool this summer fishing the backcountry trout until the ramps open back up.

my havasu friend said the lake is wide open, just no mooring allowed in the channel. lots of striper and bass action to be had from now through fall. still lots of options for fishing and the outdoors!

we've been shooting BLM land lately as well. get out and do what is available.

Last edited:
Reactions: the SLIDER
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    The gal that sits on the grass talking to herself at 2nd n Marina is strill hangin but yeah less Hodads for sure.
    Hasn't stopped all the beggars on the islands at the stop lights.

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    Just called LA harbor n cabrillo launch is now closed. Also just called LB n south shores ramp n alamitos bay davey's ramp r both open 24 hrs.

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    thanks a lot for the info! i do plan on calling the hotel to check the status of them and their marina.

shit, maybe i'll just be a backpacking fool this summer fishing the backcountry trout until the ramps open back up.

my havasu friend said the lake is wide open, just no mooring allowed in the channel. lots of striper and bass action to be had from now through fall. still lots of options for fishing and the outdoors!

we've been shooting BLM land lately as well. get out and do what is available.
    We went to Pirates Cove below Needles last week and it was open with the Launch ramp open to Campers only; no day use. It was about half full during the week but full over the weekend. Did a little target shooting out there as well in the ravines. Went to Havisu for a day not alot of boats on the water but it seems the river is open from Parker north; ramps were closed just below Parker and I'm not sure about Palo Verde.

As far as Baja goes, most ports are closed to recreational boats including Ensenada, I believe I read the road between TJ and Ensenada is shut down to keep the virus from spreading south.

Upvote 0

Fishdood

Fishgistics
    Sep 30, 2012
    San Marcos, CA
    www.facebook.com
    Name
    Austin
    Boat
    Upvote 0

SEA SEVEN

Feb 2, 2006