Reactions: scoop
Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
Seems to be that San Diego controlled sites are shut down but state controlled and other city controlled are still open. Bayside Coronado areas are closed but the beach itself is still open.

Upvote 0

dcarlisle

Captain
Jun 25, 2008
The Island
Name
Dave
Boat
Boatless
As of yesterday the Pepper Park launch ramp was open and quite a few people using it. They had everything but the trailer parking roped off.
the launch a ton of government boats there so that may be the reason it’s still open.

Upvote 0

Hophead

When’s the next trip
Jun 26, 2004
san diego
Name
ryan
Boat
22’ Seaway
Spoke to the president at the port of San Diego. San Diego bay will remain open as well as the harbor entrance. So find your secret spot to launch and go find those tuna! Stay safe and healthy BDers.

Upvote 0

silentsmell

Oct 16, 2012
Chula Vista
Name
Allen N
Boat
Camelia
As of yesterday the Pepper Park launch ramp was open and quite a few people using it. They had everything but the trailer parking roped off.
the launch a ton of government boats there so that may be the reason it’s still open.

Just drove by Pepper Park. It has been closed, both entrances.

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
It looks like I will get to sleep in this weekend.
Please post up any new info about Davies.
Do you know if MDR is closed?

Upvote 0

jginsandiego

Stringari 1991 DF175 Suzuki
  • Sep 19, 2013
    United States
    Name
    John Gibson
    Boat
    Stringari 1991 Pilot house cuddy cabin/ Suzuki DF175TX
    Just took a ride down to Dana landing, the boat launch/ramp is Now closed and no parking signs are posted. Does anyone know If Shelter Island ramp is also closed? WTF!! How does stopping me from fishing have anything to do with the prevention of spreading covid-19? I’m not taking this lightly by all means, but really... I haven’t heard any reports of a tuna, or yellow tail much less a halibut contracting corona virus or transmitting it.

Has any thing changed if you go in MX water for the day but dont touch MX land? That is if you have a boat in a slip and dont need ramp. I ask because last week end I heard a couple guys on 68 in the afternoon say they hoped they were not going to be put in quaritine. Now I dont know there situation or if the had come form a place in MX but I sure would not want to go to the islands and then come back to fine out theres an issue.

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    Has any thing changed if you go in MX water for the day but dont touch MX land? That is if you have a boat in a slip and dont need ramp. I ask because last week end I heard a couple guys on 68 in the afternoon say they hoped they were not going to be put in quaritine. Now I dont know there situation or if the had come form a place in MX but I sure would not want to go to the islands and then come back to fine out theres an issue.

Who is going to know unless you touch Mexican Soil?

Upvote 0

jcs612

On Deck
    Mar 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    JC
    Boat
    My Mojo
    Maybe, they're closed just for the Hal-i-but? Okay, bad joke.

The waterways are open, just got to find an open launch ramp.

Upvote 0

Sloberdog

Almost A Member
    Jun 20, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Gabe
    Boat
    SeaPro 206 WAC F150
    Just called
    • San Diego Harbor Police Headquarters 619.686.6570
    they confirmed that Shelter Island boat launch is closed.

Upvote 0

Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
  • Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    25’, 22’ Whalers
    I called Mission Bay Lifeguards and they verified they are not letting any boats leave the harbor until further notice.
    Not sure how constitutional that is, even with an emergency order from the government. Being out on the water definitely meets the 6’ social distancing thing.

Reactions: Rabid Fish
    Upvote 0

Sloberdog

Almost A Member
    Jun 20, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Gabe
    Boat
    SeaPro 206 WAC F150
    Just called
    • San Diego Harbor Police Headquarters 619.686.6570
    they confirmed that Shelter Island boat launch is closed.

Just called them again to find out if being on the water in San Diego Bay was open, they said it the Coast Guard has not shut it down......but they are enforcing social distancing on boats.....and have closed down all San Diego bay parks/parking....CA has officially gone even madder than before.

Reactions: Rabid Fish
    Upvote 0

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
    Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
    to try and inject some nice into all of what is going on I try to look for the good in things so I tend to use this bay cam as my screen saver and I noticed this and took a screen grab... hope you all enjoy it... Let's try and stay on an even keel.

tolive.jpg

Upvote 0

Huntersmoon

Almost A Member
    Jan 8, 2006
    here
    Name
    nombre
    Boat
    no
    According to temp and chloro charts, bluefin should be stacked up between upper finger and hidden banks. Tuesday prime conditions

Upvote 0