markn91387

Gitsum
Nov 19, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Mark Nichols
Boat
tbd
The Channel Islands harbor ramp is open. Not a single trailer in the lot though. No signs indicating otherwise and the parking kiosk is still taking money. The harbor is eerily quiet. I saw one guy on a SUP and that was all. No boats.

Upvote 0

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Davies was open today.Tom
Apparently in la only the public parking beach lots are closed...alamitos ave lot was open and pierpont parking was also.. alamitos has a few residents with permits that park there...surf fishing and boat launching are safe for now..
I hope not but With good weather this weekend the crowd might force a change for the worse..

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
I called Mission Bay Lifeguards and they verified they are not letting any boats leave the harbor until further notice.

Reactions: Spoons
Upvote 0

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
I called Mission Bay Lifeguards and they verified they are not letting any boats leave the harbor until further notice.
Thank you calling and getting some clarity on the situation at hand. I kind of figured that was and would be the response. Super bummed for the bait guys. Will have to make it up to them big time with a few more trips i guess.

Upvote 0

QuailSlayer

Almost A Member
Aug 3, 2014
Coastal - San Diego North County
Name
jj
Boat
Got one
I just called and talked to a officer from port of entry, and SD harbor is still
Open if you’re leaving from a slip,
And as long as you stay in US waters,
You don’t have to even check with them,
jer dog - are the last 2 sentences from the officer or was that your assumptions/general comments? Like all private boaters that fish south we've got all the documentation but no need to check in when returning from fishing south as long as not going to shore in Mexico. Just trying to understand if you know something that is new or not known. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BAJA FISCHER

Almost A Member
Apr 27, 2007
Encinitas
Name
Cap'n Dan
Boat
KeyWest 2300 Bluewater "Cap'n Atun II"
Oside harbor was closed this morning for trailer parking past the ramp. Two harbor patrol boats with lights on before harbor entrance. Looks CLOSED

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher

I will call the Coast Guard SD Office in the morning and verify jurisdiction; Mission Bay is listed as a San Diego City Aquatic Park and I'm not sure Federal Waterways would apply.

Reactions: Rick's Lucky13
Upvote 0

CrazyDonkey

Sep 4, 2014
Name
Ian
Boat
Linda Vista
CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION - CONS

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 - SEC. 32]

( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

Section 25.
The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water containing fish that have been planted therein by the State; provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season when and the conditions under which the different species of fish may be taken.

(Sec. 25 added Nov. 8, 1910, by A.C.A. 14. Res.Ch. 44,
From my understanding this doesn't apply since they aren't passing a law against it, it's emergency measures.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
jer dog - are the last 2 sentences from the officer or was that your assumptions/general comments? Like all private boaters that fish south we've got all the documentation but no need to check in when returning from fishing south as long as not going to shore in Mexico. Just trying to understand if you know something that is new or not known. Thanks.
The Officer told me ,they want to just make sure that you
have not visited any of the affected earea's ,in
the last two weeks, and you better have all your paper wok in order,
but if you just Fish in US waters , and A long the Coast , that we had nothing
to worry about it.

Upvote 0

Deep_blue

Cristy J
Sep 5, 2004
Poway/CA/USA
Name
Robert Jones
Boat
Grady White 282 Sailfish
Shelter Island today
EBFCB682-6DD9-4C46-B922-ED4DF2C2D69C.jpeg

Upvote 0

Killin n grillin

x-h20 certified
Jun 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
87 Montauk ,Grady 180
This really bites . We had to wait for this government project to be completed ,which took for ever . now they close the ramp for use .

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
Complete failure by our local government. Costco, grocery stores, etc are open. Those places are way more covid 19 hazardous than a boat launch.
Banning boating makes about as much sense as banning driving.
With all the people not driving and working you would think law enforcement would have the time to figure out the difference between an individual and a group of more than 10 in our public areas. Patrol, see a gathering, break it up. Pretty simple.
Pathetic and lazy response by our government in California. For fucks sake the publuc schools aren't teaching the kids shit either. They knew this was coming and did nothing. It would be laughable if it weren't so sad. Glad my boys are in private school and still getting a good education at home.
Later.

Reactions: Black-is-Back
Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
I called the US Coast Guard Station San Diego this morning and asked if Mission Bay is considered as a Federal Navigational Waterway and they stated it is indeed, so I guess you can tell the Lifeguards to go pound sand

Reactions: cioppino
Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
You would think that the roads should be off limits to drivers but maybe that will cause panic.. I don't know. Shitty weather right now but next week it will be nice. That will test us all. We are dealing with something we haven't dealt with before so I would think mistakes will be made. lets just hope that we have some officials working on behalf of the fishing community to try and get access to the waterways.

The thing is if the people see fishing boats out on the water then the sailboats want to go out and then the personal watercraft and so on and so on. And like another poster said.. you and a buddy maybe out fishing but you make stops at the gas station, grocery store, tackle shop, etc.. and come in contact with potential carriers. It sucks but we can get our boats in tip-top for the time being.

Upvote 0