PENN

timkx500

Jul 8, 2009
San Diego
Name
Tim
Boat
1851dc seaswirl
Just took a ride down to Dana landing, the boat launch/ramp is Now closed and no parking signs are posted. Does anyone know If Shelter Island ramp is also closed? WTF!! How does stopping me from fishing have anything to do with the prevention of spreading covid-19? I’m not taking this lightly by all means, but really... I haven’t heard any reports of a tuna, or yellow tail much less a halibut contracting corona virus or transmitting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: R&R and jer dog
Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Just took a ride down to Dana landing, the boat launch/ramp is Now closed and no parking signs are posted. Does anyone know If Shelter Island ramp is also closed? WTF!! How does stopping me from fishing have anything to do with the prevention of spreading covid-19? I’m not taking this lightly by all means, but really... I haven’t heard any reports of a tuna, or yellow tail much less a halibut contracting corona virus or transmitting it.
Its an overeaction to all the morons who stormed the beaches over the weekend. Huntington state beach looked like spring break florida.

Upvote 0

backfisher

Jun 9, 2017
San Diego
Name
Richard
Boat
If I only...
Its an overeaction to all the morons who stormed the beaches over the weekend. Huntington state beach looked like spring break florida.
True, and unfortunately if they left the boat ramp parking open, all those people that want to go to the beach/bay would park there, rather than leaving the spots available for the boaters (a responsible activity in my opinion)

Upvote 0

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Gotta say walking around long beach lately that except for the trash and watercolor in the harbor right now it is at it's absolute best.most places open for to go food .....just a few locals cruising around ....even most of the homeless aren't around cause no tourists to poach from...

Reactions: marlyn and RodRage
Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Gotta say walking around long beach lately that except for the trash and watercolor in the harbor right now it is at it's absolute best.most places open for to go food .....just a few locals cruising around ....even most of the homeless aren't around cause no tourists to poach from...
    The gal that sits on the grass talking to herself at 2nd n Marina is strill hangin but yeah less Hodads for sure.

• Haha
    Reactions: Deets
    Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    I was just on shelter island Drive leaving the Bay Club Marina wherr I have both of my boats in slips and all the parking lots are closed off along with the boat ramp parking lot and SDPD are in the parking lots telling people to leave , this is unreal whats happening , all the Hotels on Shelter island are empty and closing their doors until this mess clears up

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    I was just on shelter island Drive leaving the Bay Club Marina wherr I have both of my boats in slips and all the parking lots are closed off along with the boat ramp parking lot and SDPD are in the parking lots telling people to leave , this is unreal whats happening , all the Hotels on Shelter island are empty and closing their doors until this mess clears up
    So are were not even able to park and walk to our slip?

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    They can't keep us from our boat in a paid slip its private property, we need to be able to have access to our boats , I have Bay Club Marina parking pass ,

Reactions: turn the handle
    Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
    Oceanside Ca
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
    This is ridiculous i was thinking of just going out for bottom critters to share w neighbors, i own my own business and thankfully can wheather this storm for awhile but would like to get outta the house and bring home fresh tacos for friends and family and anyone else who needs it!
    Closing launch ramps seems insane

Reactions: HBsurf fisher
    Upvote 0

Hophead

When’s the next trip
    Jun 26, 2004
    san diego
    Name
    ryan
    Boat
    22’ Seaway
    They can't keep us from our boat in a paid slip its private property, we need to be able to have access to our boats , I have Bay Club Marina parking pass ,
    Spoke to harbor patrol yesterday regarding this. He said exactly that, it’s private property at the marinas. And with that each year we get the property taxes, so I guess that 1% of boat value is good for something.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Sooo we can still use the marina waters n hopefully get out of the harbor if at an early time? Im cool with that!

Upvote 0

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
    Feb 17, 2005
    State of Confusion
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
    CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION - CONS

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 - SEC. 32]

( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

Section 25.
    The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water containing fish that have been planted therein by the State; provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season when and the conditions under which the different species of fish may be taken.

(Sec. 25 added Nov. 8, 1910, by A.C.A. 14. Res.Ch. 44,

Upvote 0

Sand Patroller

Almost A Member
    Jun 26, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    West
    Boat
    2020 World Cat “Knot Reel”
    I stopped by Mission Bay briefly yesterday. The launch ramp/parking lots in the back of the bay were closed and they had meter maids (male) sitting in their carts preventing anyone from entering or launching a boat at the ramp. I guess the beaches that were packed last weekend in SD ruined it for us. The board walks and walk ways were packed.

Upvote 0

bdcarpenter28

Midnight Rambler
    Feb 16, 2008
    San diego
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2301 striper
    CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION - CONS

ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 - SEC. 32]

( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

Section 25.
    The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water containing fish that have been planted therein by the State; provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season when and the conditions under which the different species of fish may be taken.

(Sec. 25 added Nov. 8, 1910, by A.C.A. 14. Res.Ch. 44,
    Potential class action lawsuit against the city?

Upvote 0