Offshore Boat Limits of Yellowtail - Mission Belle 6/10/20

ExMNFisher

Jul 20, 2017
San Diego
Name
Kyle
Boat
None
So as promised here is my report. Today was an excellent day of fishing, we got boat limits of yellowtail. They were biting yoyo jigs, surface irons, and fly lined bait. I ended the day with limits plus some for the boat, 3 bonito (small, but my friend likes them), and two bottom fish. Make sure to bring a yoyo setup, it was very effective today, I used a Salas 6x Jr in scrambled egg color. All my yellows were on the yoyo, bonito on bait as well as 1 rockfish on a yoyo and 1 sheep on bait via a dropper loop once the boat had limits (or was very close). I also caught a nice bass which I released and a short lingcod.

Upvote 0

ExMNFisher

Jul 20, 2017
San Diego
Name
Kyle
Boat
None
Here ya go.

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0703-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
It was probably one of the best days yellowtail fishing of the year. Weather was fantastic. The fish bit however you wanted to catch them. Besides limits for the boat we had pretty high casualties- the dogs were ravenous in the morning. Settled back later in the day. We turned and chummed on 12-15 areas of fish. A few didn’t produce. The rest anywhere from a couple to about 20 fish, plus one long drift along the whole island. I feel sorry for the guys going out tomorrow. Those fish got a lot of looks from us and will likely not act the same tomorrow. Steve is amazing. We were chumming a spot and saw a few boils and he said to hang on, he’s pretty sure we’ll find a better spot just ahead. We did. All fish were around north island and there is a huge volume.
They were adamant about us wearing masks. They’re concerned a rebound in Covid cases will shut them down again. They don’t want to do anything that upsets the powers that be. $200 for a limited load is well worth it.

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
Good job out there.
What was Limited Load?

Thanks
They're all limited load right now, which is why you see the prices up. I'd like to see them keep it at this rate and load. I know the crew was excited, saying they have a full load tomorrow and it's only 24 people.

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
I think your white mask is riding a bit high LOL
How'd those yellows do in the gunnysacks in the 90 degree heat?
I helped them sort the fish when they pulled them out of the RSW. Virtually all of them looked like they just came out of the water. They bleed all fish immediately. They all had their fresh colors. Excellent fish handling on this boat.

Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
I helped them sort the fish when they pulled them out of the RSW. Virtually all of them looked like they just came out of the water. They bleed all fish immediately. They all had their fresh colors. Excellent fish handling on this boat.

dude that’s an absolutely gorgeous grade of yellowtail. Congratulations! Well done. That sure beats the hell out of the peanuts they are getting at San Clemente island right now.

Upvote 0

Latest posts