Boat in the Slip...Can we head out and fish?

bajachild

Jul 13, 2005
so. cal
Name
mike
Boat
2019 Montauk 170
If the ramps are open and its legal, why wouldn't you take your kids fishing on your private boat? Like you, my kids are at home from college and we are all stuck in the house. Why not go fishing? Am I missing something? and I am very aware of the sacrifices people are facing right now.
I agree. Wife and I are teachers. Full pay. I’m gonna take advantage of it. No traffic. Empty ramps. Went to DP today. Got emails from 2 different ramps in Ventura that they’re open. Going to Anacapa wed or Thursday. I don’t go near anyone. BTW, Dana was popping today. Boats all over. Just don’t be a dick.

ShadBurke

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardians
So can I primitive tent camp at say, Goat harbor?

Asking for a friend....

Keitha

Oct 2, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
KA
Boat
18' Outrage
Look at your boat as an extension of your home, or a 2nd home (or primary home for those that live aboard).

walkersoccer

Jun 29, 2015
Name
roy
Boat
parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
Guys, this is why I love this board.
i just needed some validation!!
we went out to near Silverwood this morning and popped 1 coyote. back home by 11am.
we are likely heading to SBI tomorrow with frozen squid and lots of jogs.

you are all right. why not go! fuck it!
Glad you got out and well done! Gonna head out tomorrow too. Being that you are a hunter and fisherman if you have the need I make custom fillet and skinning knives. [email protected] Or call me at 805 2101493. Good luck tomorrow, we may stay on the coast and go to county.

Attachments

Robdog1

Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
See what’s funny (at least to me) is where I keep my boat (when it’s in) in Newport, is all FEDERAL waterways. The navigational channel in Newport Harbor is considered federal, hence why they have the marker buoys all over. The sheriffs heckled me a couple days ago, and I got into it with them (long-standing feud between me and the head sheriff) I asked them why they were stopping me, and they said because of the ‘shelter in place.’ That’s great, EXCEPT, being that it’s federal waterways, they have no jurisdiction to stop people. I told them I wanted to hear it from the CG (Cutter Narwhal is docked right next door their HQ and I know a lot of the guys aboard) so I went over and asked. All I got was a shrug and a ‘we aren’t planning on stopping you, go for it, just give us some of whatever you catch!” So there you have it from the source (CG) if it’s a federal waterway, (Newport, SD, LB/LA, etc) only the CG can stop you technically, UNLESS they designate the local law enforcement. Newsom and the Commies in Excremento have no jurisdiction to have law enforcement enforce something that is federally controlled.

Reactions: fishnfool909

Jsc4361

Get Me A Freshy
Jul 12, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Joe
Boat
225 Aquasport
See what’s funny (at least to me) is where I keep my boat (when it’s in) in Newport, is all FEDERAL waterways. The navigational channel in Newport Harbor is considered federal, hence why they have the marker buoys all over. The sheriffs heckled me a couple days ago, and I got into it with them (long-standing feud between me and the head sheriff) I asked them why they were stopping me, and they said because of the ‘shelter in place.’ That’s great, EXCEPT, being that it’s federal waterways, they have no jurisdiction to stop people. I told them I wanted to hear it from the CG (Cutter Narwhal is docked right next door their HQ and I know a lot of the guys aboard) so I went over and asked. All I got was a shrug and a ‘we aren’t planning on stopping you, go for it, just give us some of whatever you catch!” So there you have it from the source (CG) if it’s a federal waterway, (Newport, SD, LB/LA, etc) only the CG can stop you technically, UNLESS they designate the local law enforcement. Newsom and the Commies in Excremento have no jurisdiction to have law enforcement enforce something that is federally controlled.
Yup- I have a good example of them designating local law enforcement. I was stopped by OC Sheriff's (said they were based out of newps) past mid channel on the way to Cat out of LB a few years ago in the am, they came blasting in lights on from a mile away, detained us (tied up to my boat), boarded us, wanted all our paperwork- said they were working on behalf of homeland Security. They were being really tough and pretty rude. like I was doing something wrong running my fishing boat to the island on a Saturday morning. Detained us for a half an hour, ran myself and my passengers info. Crappy experience with those guys that day. Maybe it was just a rouge officer having a bad day, it happens I guess

I have been boarded by CG before for general boat check outside of Avalon, very professional and respectful, My Dad was CG in the 70's. They are best in class