sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Alone but didn't feel like stopping to take a leak over the stern..

.Those boys are lucky! Another couple feet over and they would have had a lot of trouble getting out of the way.

dctalk523

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 28, 2007
County of Orange
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
It was an older guy driving the boat distracted by his cell. It was reported that the guy uses one of those carts for assistance/ transportation.

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
Name
Dave
Boat
Kayak
Wow!!!!

I love how the guy filming grabbed his phone before jumping overboard to save his own life. Priorities

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Jesus christ! That is insane. I hope nobody was killed.

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Where do you see him grab his phone? Looks like they all just jump out as quick as they could.
Nobody was filming with their phones. It looks like two GoPro's from different angles on the boat. That guy in the back waving at the boat made sure he held on to his favorite fishing rod though. Its scary how fast the situation turned bad.

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
One of the many reasons I rarely fish local on the weekends, Hope that gal made it out ok, crazy shit.....

rancanfish

wow, how deep is it here?
Jul 5, 2004
Dublin, CA
Name
Harold Head
Boat
1971 BW Menemsha
Good example why you need to wear your life vest. Too late after you exit stage left.

CaliJeepHuntr

May 21, 2008
San Luis Obispo
Name
Nick
Boat
Hot Wired - 2320 Parker (Dad's)
Nobody was filming with their phones. It looks like two GoPro's from different angles on the boat. That guy in the back waving at the boat made sure he held on to his favorite fishing rod though. Its scary how fast the situation turned bad.
Oh I know they were using GoPro's. I was just asking the guy above who said one guy had to grab his phone before jumping. I didn't see in the video where he did that so was wondering if I had missed that part. I thought the guy closer to the camera's had grabbed some part of the boat for balance before leaping.

And yeah, that happened really really quick. Those people are lucky to be alive, and was a very good thing they were paying attention to their surroundings to be able to jump off in time.

This past salmon season in Monterey we were hooked up and then noticed a squid boat headed our direction. The closer he got the more obvious it became that he was headed directly for us and not changing course, just kept getting closer and closer. We finally yelled at him on channel 16 to get him to change course. But the whole time we're fighting this fish we were asking if this guy was going to turn away. That boat HAD to of seen us, but for whatever reason didn't want to alter course to avoid us.

Goin Fishin

Tryin' for my next personal best
Aug 21, 2009
SoCal
Name
Jay
Boat
Sea-Jay
The owner of the Bayliner is said to be 75. He said he couldn't see over the console and was using his cell phone at the time of the accident. Great combination!

MxG

Sep 18, 2015
long beach
Name
Alex
Boat
none
This almost happened to me on the Long Beach breakwall. Luckily the other boat wasn't going that fast! so we were able to pull the anchor and get out the way just in time!

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Anyone saw this boat crash posted online? Crazy drivers not paying attention. They were probably texting, drinking, smoking weed or all at the same time.

Wow. So weed will make you do that? You seem really informed.
Pretty sure dude was tested after the accident.

Last edited: