EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Hey Guys/Gals - Need a new boat cover. There are so many sites and prices my head is spinning. I have a 2005, 21' Proline walkaournd (pictured). However with the anchor sponson and the out board on the back, it measures in at about 25' total. Anyone have a solid place or cover they would buy again. Don't wanna go super cheap (blue tarp), but don't want to go crazy. I was looking at this one, but I have no clue. Appreciate any advice/help, be safe guys, Swanny

Boat.jpg

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Find an RV cover that will do the trick. It won't be form fitting but they are much more reasonable than a boat cover. Scored a nice one off of ebay a while back for my 2520. Cost me $60 and the guy was local.

Reactions: EJ Swanny

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
I ordered mine online, made for my boat with twin outboards. You just tell them what you have. They sent it, fit perfect.
3608152E-681D-4AA5-BFAD-017159FE28B7.jpeg

Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Nothing really off the shelf to fit that boat shape. I have the same issue with my Seasport. Do you plan to not use it at all in the winter? If not get a heavy custom made ( they are not easy to put on and take off ) if you want to use it now and then , a good grade tarp will do it. I have struggled with this for years. Best bet- friend with a barn. I don’t have that friend.

TimeZoned

24’ Hewes Alaskan
Apr 27, 2013
Port Orchard
Name
Jeff
Boat
24’ Hewes Alaskan
I’ve used sharksin boat covers before. They will help you get the right size for your needs. They are also waterproof and hold up excellent to our weather. I had one on my 26’ hydrasport and it kept it super clean and bone dry!!

EJ Swanny

Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
Thanks all, I really appreciate all the advice. Thinking about buying just a big-ass cover for a 24-26' Hard-Top / T-top.

I had the costco car-port before. Worked well for the old maxum, just not sure how to extend it 6-8' higher, and be stable in huge winds. Yeah, when I put it to bed it does not see light until March/April. Again, thanks for the tips.

EJ Swanny

Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
Call Katy. I pay less than $350/mo. Covered, with a 22’ boat in a 28’ slip.
Yeah Katy is good people, I'm guessing that is a locker or is that wet? If it's a locker, not sure it will be tall enough. If wet, my bottom paint is getting old. It would just take one bottom scrubbing half way through, but I'd rather not pay that per month, as I'm not doing any BM fishing this year. Appreciate the help though Jamie.

They should have you precise model/features
Thanks Rod, they do have the exact model, a bit spendy, but it should work....

Reactions: FVSerenity

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
When I take it off I roll up one side to the centerline, then the other side to the centerline, then I roll it down the centerline from front to back, after it drops off the top I pull up the back and stuff it into the bag. Then to install it it’s just the reverse:)

Emzbuddy

I miss sports
Mar 13, 2008
Bothell, WA
Name
Doug
Boat
Defiance 250 (Doris Ann), Wellcraft 26 (Doug Out, Whaler 16 SL (Bull Pen) Livingston 8 (Short Stop)
I built out a canopy tent. Works very well. You order the canopy and fittings on-line, source the fence pipe locally. Allows you to customize the height, and minimize sail area while providing max protection. I upgraded the pipe wall thickness & added intermediary spans up top to deter sagging (water collection) and on side to stiffen frame (those parts vailable at home depot).
Mine is a 30 X 10 frame with Valance cover. I anchored at 4 corners using 5 gallon buckets with concrete and a quick connection. No wind issues. Located beside house sharing common wall to my bedroom - not too noisy either.
I prolly have $600 invested in initial build out. First canopy cover lasted 7 years, replacement canopy is $100. I just ordered a replacement canopy and added zippered gabled ends for total coverage. I have 1 full length sidewall as well.
Detach the anchors & 8 guys could easily pick it up.
purchased at CanopiesAndTarps.com

Allows secondary uses - move the boat and I have 10 X 30 covered/sheltered area for ??
(rainy day BBQ, garage sale, storage area, painting outside, etc)

Go Hawks!
Emz

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Question. What happens regarding mold et cetera after a winter under a tarp. Or does it breath enough to not matter. Glad mine fits in the shop.
Back in the day when my dad kept his blow boat under a tarp in the driveway, he didn’t keep it sealed tight. There must have been enough breath-ability to keep the fungus at bay. During the winter months he’d add a layer of visqueen under the proverbial “blue tarp.”

EJ Swanny

Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
Question. What happens regarding mold et cetera after a winter under a tarp. Or does it breath enough to not matter. Glad mine fits in the shop.
Just make sure the cuddy/cabin has some type of moisture absorber, it can get ugly in those cuddies if not.....

Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Just make sure the cuddy/cabin has some type of moisture absorber, it can get ugly in those cuddies if not.....
Exactly, DriZair or Damp Rib in the cabin and you are fine. Tarp doesn’t fit tight enough to cause a big mold issue. Just get it tight enough not to sag into a “ pond” in the stern. So Swanny what did you decide on to cover the boat?