SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
So I purchased a cover form eevelle,Trident series back in 2017. A little over a year later it failed at the seam where the velcro opens for my antenna. Their warranty’s are good for 5 years from date of purchase.. for the cost of shipping about $20, it was replaced... the replacement cover has ripped to shreads from the top of the hardtop to the stern. I contacted them about warranty replacement however they only replace one time... needless to say I’m not pumped on their product. What do you guys have for covers? My boat is 26’ with a hardtop....

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
Check California consumer laws. The item had a 5 year warranty. The replacement item has the same warranty but the time starts at the original purchase date, not the date that you got the replacement. I would contact the company and tell them that they can say their policy says only one replacement but that is not what the law in the state of California says. I think as long as the problem is covered by the warranty you should be OK. If they won't replace it your next stop is small claims court.
Shimano had a similar situation a few years ago with their Terez rods. The original ones had a life time warranty and a lot of them got returned because of rusty guides. Shimano replaced them and told people that the replacement rods only had a 1 year warranty. Wrong.
Same thing with Craftsman tools. If a Craftsman wrench with a lifetime warranty breaks the replacement wrench has the same lifetime warranty. The company can't change the rules in the middle of the game.

Rusty Rod

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 28, 2015
Name
Jeff
Boat
26 Mackinaw
We design and manufacture custom boat covers. If you're interested, give me a call. 858 776-7092. PacificCoastCanvas.net

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
Mike thanx for the info. I’m the last person that wants to Go to small claims court over $500... more hassle than what it’s worth. I believe in doing the right thing for the right reason... if I can share their Lack of customer service so others take their business elsewhere cool if not life goes on.. Cali has laws for their laws... good for lawyers .. worthless for guys that just wanna put in a honest days work, have a cold beer and fish!

Last edited: