gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
I think at this point it’s fair game to start guessing some of the details of this matter. I’m guessing that all this man’s fuss is over a Bayliner Capri....or one of those 12’ Sears Aluminum boats.

If my name was on the title, I’d go straight to his house when he’s not home and hook the trailer up to my truck and take the boat back.
don't guess anything....just look into your crystal ball...
than keep it to yourself....

Reactions: TheBoyScout
Upvote 0

Islandrat

Wish I was new
Aug 15, 2007
Camarillo
Name
Eric
Boat
Davis 22 to Radon 26 to Crystaliner 33
Does the registration say ”you and him” or...”you or him”? With “or” you can sell it without his signature.
I had a partner once (On a boat), it didn’t work out but we are still friends.
good luck

Upvote 0

agarcia

Almost A Member
May 19, 2006
Nor*Cal
Name
Art Garcia
Boat
rowboat
don't guess anything....just look into your crystal ball...
than keep it to yourself....

didn’t mean to hurt your feelings sweetheart.......next time you get online and see somethig that offends you, pour yourself some cocoa, curl up in a ball and scream at the wall.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
didn’t mean to hurt your feelings sweetheart.......next time you get online and see somethig that offends you, pour yourself some cocoa, curl up in a ball and scream at the wall.

It did not offend me, or hurt my feeling....LOL LMAO...
why would you want to speculate what the boat is... how stupid
the guy is only looking for some Intelligent info to solve the problem...
take your sweetheart stuff your coco and stick up your you now what..
hope your day gets better....

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
If your not smart enough to write up a partnership agreement ...

Once my business partner & I bought a boat through the business. I moved on from both, but still held owners as both our names were on title.

He keep saying he would pay me my $5000.

Years went by, nothing. The boat was not being kept up so I paid him a visit.

He proclaimed it was his. He produced a new pink slip without my name. He had actually forged my name and signed me off.

When the DMV fraud investigator paid him a visit I got a call and my check...

Some people are pieces of shit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

radman

Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
I am not going to laugh at anyone,but bottom line is,if you cannot afford the whole thing yourself,NEVER go in partners.I also did it 2 times,both with same person.I racked up the first dissagreement over us buying a POS boat,but when the other guy brought a boat for sale to my attention,and we ended up buying it,it became the same argument...It needed an engine,and since it was a Chrysler 318,and I asked the machine shop,they explained how the boat engine had hardened valve seats,among other things.The partner insisted on buying a dodge reman from the dealer to save money,and about the 2nd or 3rd trip,6 of the valves had sucked in due to the seats being too soft...Then the real argument began,of course,the dealer would not warranty it,and he did not want to spend any money to do it correctly,so a boat we had at least 12k in,we sold for 1,000 to a guy who put an outboard on it....Just don`t trust anyone!

Upvote 0

agarcia

Almost A Member
May 19, 2006
Nor*Cal
Name
Art Garcia
Boat
rowboat
It did not offend me, or hurt my feeling....LOL LMAO...
why would you want to speculate what the boat is... how stupid
the guy is only looking for some Intelligent info to solve the problem...
take your sweetheart stuff your coco and stick up your you now what..
hope your day gets better....

How can one possibly provide intelligent info on how to resolve when there’s a clear lack of details and information pertinent to the issue at hand?

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    What usually happens is that one or both guy's wives try to determine who gets to use it, who gets to fix crap, who has to store it and shit like that. Not worth it.

Upvote 0

FULLY LOADED

Long time member
  • Aug 10, 2005
    VISTA CA
    www.LongerShelfLife.com
    Name
    MARK aka "Mako"
    Boat
    Skipjack 262 Diesel "One Eyed Jack"
    Been there. Had 1 then 2 partners on a slipped Trojan in my name. Mistake!..we were working on its old chrysler motor, added a bunch of parts.. someone ripped off my new heat exchanger .. partners didn't want to buy the same parts again.. stopped sending slip payments...the boat was a POS anyway..just a stabbin cabin mostly...finally had to give it away....No partnerships ever on a boat. Now I do have legal partner on my Skippy.. the wife told me go buy a new boat..so I did!

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
    Aug 6, 2012
    Valencia, CA
    Name
    Anthony Hicks
    Boat
    Good Deal
    Attorney here: need more info. Can’t give you any advice without knowing more details.

Need to know amount of funds each person used to purchase vessel, what form of payment was used by each partner, exact language of title, any verbal agreements that may have been memorialized in any type of writing including text messages or emails, any purchases that you made to improve the vessel (with receipts), and any other evidence that shows any type of financial transaction related to the vessel.

Good Luck.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    Fill your half with concrete.

Reactions: sealskinner
    Upvote 0

Soulakala

Almost A Member
    Oct 23, 2019
    Ocean Park, Wa
    Name
    Chuck
    Boat
    Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    If it was a smaller outboard boat I would use it one weekend and bring it back to his place less items of value to settle my half of the investment, i.e. outboard, electronics and if nothing else block the back of the boat up and pull the trailer. I would then leave him a note to come by to get the title signed off, I now have payment in full for my half.

Reactions: FishinMcNuggets
    Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
    Jul 19, 2014
    La Mesa, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    Been co-owner with a friend for 6 years. First on a Grady-White 209 and now on a Parker 2520. We split everything 50/50. We've had some disagreements and almost got to selling the Parker but we work them out or have another fisherman friend give advice when we need it.

Sounds like you already have your answer if he thinks the boat is his. Have your paperwork in order and litigate. Call Tony Hawkplayer that bastid is ruthless. Threw my kid out of a hockey game once.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Go throw a moltov cocktail on the boat and split the insurance. the check will be in both of your names. End of Matter. Next time choose better friends.

Reactions: Yellowtail Dan
    Upvote 0

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
    Brookings, Southern Oregon
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21 Arima Ranger 'HogFish'
    I had a successful partnership back in 1991. A fellow bought a brand new 25ft Outrage with 2x200 Yams and played with it for a month. He then threw me the keys and said "work it fishing and diving, maintain it and give me half the profits after you pay yourself a captain fee. I will be back in 2 years." True story.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    It's not impossible to have good partnerships, but it takes work and a good set of guidelines and a written partner agreement...

Upvote 0